This EuroMaTech Task Risk Assessment training course provides delegates with a proven task risk assessment model that is based on good practices designed to be practical and easy to use.
Task Risk Assessment is an evaluation of the hazards that are present whilst performing a task and the best way to mitigate the risks. Generally, life and the working environment are full of hazards. Personnel must be able to realize what these hazards are, where these hazards are found and how they can be affected by the hazards.
Task Risk assessment is the modern proactive approach to incident prevention. Whatever mitigation measures are put in place there will always remain a level of residual risk. However, the importance is to maintain the residual risks at a level that is ‘As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP)’ and this can be achieved through implementation of good practice guidelines that are known. In order to undertake a Task Risk Assessment, it is necessary to have the knowledge of what hazards exist and how the risk from these hazards can be minimized.
This EuroMaTech training course will feature:
- Hazard identification
- Risk assessment
- Prevention measures & control measures
- Common hazards in a workplace
- Task Risk Assessment
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This EuroMaTech training course on Task Risk Assessments is suitable for:
- Personnel involved in developing Task Risk Assessments
- Professionals with responsibilities for health and safety management and supervision
- Production, process, maintenance, and HSE personnel
- Those involved in risk assessment and risk management
By the end of this EuroMaTech training course, delegates will be able to:
- Perform Task Risk Assessments
- Understand the difference between Hazard and Risk
- Understand the Risk Mitigation process
- Appreciate what are the consequences of common hazards
- Realize that hazards remain but risks can be reduced
Delegates attending this EuroMaTech training course will learn by encouraged and active participation during the training course through the application of blended learning methodologies, including; Presentations, Exercises, Group discussions and Video presentations. Delegates are encouraged to contribute their own experiences throughout the training course.
This EuroMaTech training course aims to provide delegates with a thorough understanding of Task Risk Assessment and to apply the skills learnt in a practical manner. The objective is not to eliminate hazards (this may be impossible) but to reduce the risk to an acceptable level. This can only be achieved when the hazards and the consequences from a hazardous event are clearly understood.
Day 1 - Legal Requirements and Responsibilities
- The Legal Requirements
- Risk Assessment Process
- Risk Control Model
Day 2 - Task Risk Assessment Process
- When is a Task Risk Assessment (TRA) necessary?
- Define Parameters of the Task
- Identify and Form TRA Team
- Step-by-Step Task Risk Assessment Process
- Documentation of the Task
- Stop the Job
Day 3 - TRA & Task Hazards, Consequences and Controls
- Existing TRA & New TRA
- Low Risk Tasks
- Who needs to know
- Risk Mitigation
- Principles of Control and Prevention
- Hierarchy of Risk Control
- Hazard and Consequences
- Chemical Hazards
- Biological Hazards
- Psychological Hazards
Day 4 - Task Hazards, Consequences and Controls - continued
- Hazard and Consequences
- Physical – noise, vibration, temperature, mechanical and non-mechanical hazards, people and vehicles, working at height, radiation, manual handling, electricity, fire, excavations etc.
Day 5 - Further Controls & Good Practice
- Monitoring the Capabilities of the Work Team
- Permit To Work Systems
- Task Risk Assessment & Good Practice in Confined Space Entry
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars.