An Intensive 10-day Training Course
Strategic Crisis Management for Incident & Emergency Situations
Understanding the dynamics that gives the crisis leader the ability to manage potential risks during emergency situations
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 10 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
Crisis Management Team (CMT) and Emergency Response Team (ERT) Leaders need access to the right information, at the right time, and at the right level of detail, to make the right decisions. The value of good crisis leadership has been proven over past years. It is accepted that the increasing range of potential incidents and emergencies which could affect business, disrupt production and affect global reputation are becoming increasingly complicated.
This intensive 10 Day training course will teach you that strategic crisis management is the identification, selection and implementation of yours, and the organisation’s goals and objectives, and how utilising your authentic Leadership qualities you will be able to deliver great outcomes so successfully dealing with any Crisis.
This Crisis Management training course will provide professionals with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes required to manage and lead teams and organisations before, during, and after a crisis or emergency.
It is important to understand that situational awareness in crisis situations — being aware of one’s surroundings and identifying potential threats and dangerous situations — is more of a mindset than a hard skill. Because of this, situational awareness is something that should be practiced by not only highly-trained government agents or specialized security teams, but by all professional involved with crisis management.
Every sensible organization recognizes the risks they face and that disaster could potentially strike at any time. The learning contained within this training seminar might make the difference between demonstrating strength and resilience to your stakeholders or humiliating public failure.
This training course will feature:
- How to be successful in the Four critical areas of Emergency Response
- Utilising the Five Levels of Leadership to get the maximum from your Teams
- Fourteen characteristics you need to learn to be an effective Crisis Leader
- How to avoid mis-management and so make a bad situation worse
- Rapidly establishing options, making judgements, redefining standards
- Analysis of the human factor, psychological readiness, discipline & leadership
- An awareness of the media and communication environment at the time of a crisis
- The available media platforms and practical guidance on how to use them
- How communication is integral to effective operational response
- Understanding what Situational Awareness can do for you
- Exercising leadership under emergency and crisis situations
- Assessing, prioritizing risks and threats before, during, and after a crisis
- Making decisions quickly and efficiently and knowing when and how to involve others and to delegate effectively
- Communicating and collaborating with legal and government authorities, media, and other agencies and organisations
- Conducting emergency and crisis management operations
By the end of this EuroMaTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Acquire an in-depth knowledge of Strategic Crisis Management
- Develop strategies so you and your team respond efficiently and effectively
- Analyse Five deadly leadership behaviours and Six winning strategies in a crisis
- Implement the Five major functional areas of Incident Command Systems
- Plan for more beneficially rewarding multi-agency exercises
- Effectively use advanced techniques that will improve leadership performance at that critical time
- Understand individual and collective psychology and organisational dynamics in crises and emergencies
- Analyse and make rational decisions in before, during and after crises and emergencies
- Lead teams and organisations in crises and emergencies
- Solve problems and manage crises and emergencies
In addition participants will gain the following:
Knowledge and understanding
- Understand complex issues facing organizations and developed skills for long term success.
- Apply concepts and theories to real life situation and build own ideas in such concern.
- Undergo practice/applications in assessments of security process.
- Demonstrate communication skills.
- Develop a capacity for analyzing security and crisis problems.
- Develop a reactive plan in facing of unusual conditions.
- Build strong reaction team able to plan, act and develop outbox solutions.
- Minimize the effects/threats resulting from different unusual situations.
- Work effectively in team.
- Enhance communication skills
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anyone who find themselves responsible for leading on, or implementing Crisis Management, Emergency Response and Business Continuity/Recovery mechanisms.
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Fire Management Professionals
- Security Management Professionals
- Policing and Military Professionals
- Health, Safety and Environment personnel
- Operation, Asset and Facility Professionals
- Risk, Marketing and Insurance Professionals
- Designated Incident, Emergency and Crisis Response Professionals
- Line Managers and Supervisors and other professionals wishing to appraise their comprehension of Emergency Response
- Professionals who have been allocated crisis management tasks yet have had insufficient time to devote to the subject
This dynamic training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented.
This fully participative and enjoyable event will enhance your leadership capabilities through assessments, syndicate role playing, group discussions, crisis communication skills and team problem solving challenges. Seminar materials such as exercises, check-lists, formats and templates will be included and will be of use to you and your team on your return to your office.
This program equips you with applicable insights and practical skills for navigating critical moments – before, during and after a crisis strikes. You will go through a hands-on learning journey, grounded in disruption response theory and psychology. You will learn how to better understand and address your own cognitive biases, communicate effectively in turbulent times, restore trust with key stakeholders, draw meaningful conclusions from previous disruptive events, and prepare for potential future setbacks.
Crisis management planning fulfills a vital role in risk management – and, more specifically, the business continuity process – by establishing and documenting the framework within which the organization makes decisions on how to respond to an incident that impacts (or has the potential to significantly impact) the organization.
While the initial development of the crisis management plan can be seen as a single effort, crisis management planning should be viewed as a recurring effort to ensure that the individuals involved, the strategies selected, and the process to implement the strategies align to and support the organization’s priorities and risk tolerance.
Throughout the program, you will analyze crises of various origins and industries, and will prepare your own Crisis Response plan to help your organization cope in times of uncertainty and bounce back stronger in a post-crisis next normal.
Day 1 : Evaluate, Mitigate and Responding to Challenges
- Understanding Strategic Crisis Management
- Consider the complete range of risks to your organisation
- CMT and ERT - Roles & Responsibilities
- Issues management, master this before it becomes a Crisis
- Who else inside and outside the organisation should be involved
- Five deadly Leadership behaviours & Six winning strategies
- Understanding 'denial-curve' and 'group-think' syndromes
Day 2 : Planning & Security – Who and What Else Should be Considered
- Security Management & Asset Protection
- Case Studies, why some companies fail, and others survive
- Based on the previous module, self-evaluation questionnaire
- Developing, improving & implementing Emergency Response Plans
- Business Continuity Management (BCM) Strategies
- Case Study and Workshop
Day 3 : Emergency Response Process
- Team Briefing
- Facilitator Checklist
- Incident Action Plan
- Brain Storming – Effective meeting management
- Planning Techniques
- Analysis of Information
- Team Briefing
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Radio Protocols
- Using equipment during Critical Incidents
Day 4 : Crisis Communications & Incident On-Scene Management
- Incident Command Systems (ICS)
- Emergency Communication Centres, avoiding the ten most common mistakes
- Reputation Management - Managing Social Media
- Command and Control Issues. Operational, Tactical and Strategic
- On Scene Crisis Management, essential elements for success
- Developing and Implementing Emergency Plans
- Crisis Management and Communications. Emergency Centre/s
- Developing and implementing a Business Continuity Management (BCM) strategy
Day 5 : The Human Factor – What Can Go Right and What Can Go Wrong?
- Alerting and Warning
- Evacuation Strategies
- Major Incident Simulation - Role Playing Workshop
- Psychological & Welfare concerns in Crisis Management
- How to improve staff morale and confidence in the process
- Questionnaire, are your batteries in good condition
- Corporate Case Study – when the board get it wrong
Day 6 : Understanding Situational Awareness
- What is Situational Awareness – from the working world
- Creating a Security Culture – concepts for developing a security culture in the workplace
- Observation Concepts – Understanding the human senses
- Baselines – experienced based and dynamic
- What stands out – reading body language through behaviour and searching for anomalies
- Making Decisions – what to do with an anomaly
Day 7: Creating A Crisis or Incident Plan
- What is Crisis Management?
- Why do you need a plan and what should be in it?
- The Planning Process & Vulnerability Audit
- Alerting Procedures
- Response Structures - A look at putting together the necessary systems, teams and facilities to meet the threat
- Exercise High Roller
- The 20 Most Common Mistakes in Crisis Management - Why do you need a plan?
Day 8: Crisis Management Plan Testing, Training and Exercising
- Case Studies x 2 with different root cause, are we learning ?
- Exercises: a program of learning and of validating plans and procedures
- How to get advantageous results from an exercise
- Post Incident evaluations, de-briefing skills, managing hot & cold de-briefs
- Critique report writing, executive summaries and key recommendations
- Closing the loop. Implementing recommendations, continuing the process
Day 9: Leading Teams and Organizations
- Roles and responsibilities of leaders in crises and emergencies
- Crisis/emergency management organization
- Creating effective and efficient teams through rapid teambuilding
- Creating effective and efficient interagency cooperation and collaboration
- Organizational & team dynamics: morale, cohesion, mood, unity of purpose
- Principles of operational command and leadership
Day 10: Ethical Factors in Crisis and Emergency Leadership
- Caring for subordinates and their families
- The leader's self-care
- Responsibilities to authorities, the public and/or victims
- Managing and leveraging Social Media
- After-action review and lessons learned processes
- Preparing for the next crisis or emergency
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.