In todays competitive global market place, organisations are increasingly under threat. Coupled with the recent credit crunch and recession in some markets, organisations are having to look at other ways of protecting their business and margins.
Strategic Financial Planning and Implementation ensures accountability while aligning the entire business with actionable and achievable goals and objectives. This programme will help you to look “outside the box” and be creative and entrepreneurial in your organisation.
This EuroMaTech training course is designed to go beyond the theoretical. It is mandatory in today’s dynamic world to be able to link strategy with financial performance.
This intensive training course will enable you to learn the many benefits of Strategic and Financial Planning, including:
- Improved planning, implementation, and results
- Improved strategic leadership
- Better utilization of core competencies and recognition of next competences needed
- Integration of strategy, finance, and operations
- Realization of sustainable competitive advantage
- Greater understanding and willingness to change
- Stronger commitment to goals and objectives
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Executive level professionals with strategic and / or financial responsibility
- Senior level professionals who need to understand strategic implementation and its financial impact
- Middle level professionals in all areas of the business impacting and affected by strategic decisions
- All staff who are accountable for financial performance
- Understanding the concept of strategy making and its benefits
- To better understand the role of leadership in strategy making
- To understand the link between involvement and accountability
- To provide insights into developing implementation plans
- Know how to develop an actionable financial plan with controllable milestones
- Learn skills to understand and avoid the pitfalls of strategic planning
This EuroMaTech training course will be highly participatory and your trainer will present, guide and facilitate learning, using a range of methods including discussions, case studies and exercises. Where appropriate, these will include real issues brought to the programme by delegates.
Financial performance does not come by accident. In today’s world, we have to develop effective and efficient as well unique strategies.
Then the need and skill to implement them correctly, set financial targets and measure them.
This EuroMaTech training course explores how this can be done – the right way. This training course will prepare you how to expect the unexpected.
Day 1 : What is Strategic and Financial Planning?
- The role of strategy in business and why it matters
- The ingredients of a good strategy
- Customer analysis and market segmentation
- Effective strategy making processes with proper financial planning
- Tools for understanding industry developments
- The core strategic financial choices for a business
- Who is responsible for strategy making and who should be held accountable?
- Case Study
Day 2 : Integrating Strategic and Financial Planning with Operational Management
- Contrasting management with strategic leadership
- The competencies of strategic leadership
- The top manager as strategist
- The CFO as strategist
- Using Scenario analysis and environmental scanning
- SWOT and other acronyms
- Corporate Culture and its effect on strategy and financial planning
- The operational manager’s role in strategy
- Case study
Day 3 : Using Evidence for Strategic and Financial Planning
- Analyzing the market place and the customers
- Understanding the competition
- Financial analysis: past, present, and future
- Knowing the core strengths and weaknesses of your business
- Identifying your core competitive advantage
- Developing Vision statements that make a difference
- Developing mission statements that make a difference
- Examining alternative strategies
- Creating the strategic plan
- Case study
Day 4 : Implementing Strategic and Financial Plans
- Using financial planning to prepare the ground for change in the business
- Communicating the strategy and having control points
- Overcoming internal political resistance
- Reviewing and measuring progress with proper variance analysis
- Turnaround and corrective measures
- Managing implementation as a continuous process
- Case Study
Day 5 : Becoming a Leader of Strategic Financial Planning
- Building strategy making and implementation into the role of managers
- Developing strategic leadership capability
- Creating organizational commitment to the business strategy
- Leading strategy making teams effectively
- Incentive plans
- Balanced Scorecard and other performance management systems
- Realistic action planning
- Case study
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars.