An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Effective Business Risk Management Strategies using ISO 31000 Framework
- Format: Classroom, Live/Online
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
All organisations face the increasingly complex challenge of managing a wide variety of risks and opportunities effectively. Some of these risks are well understood and managed; others are less well understood, inadequately managed or simply ignored.
Organisations need to enhance resilience in the face of ever complex and increasingly global risks and the framework outlined in ISO31000 embodies international best practice that is applicable to all types and sizes of organisation. Knowledge of the requirements of ISO31000 will enable you to bring the benefits of effective risk management into all aspects of your organisations including planning, operations and communication. In this EuroMaTech training course you will study:
- The principles of risk management
- A framework for the management of risk
- Risk assessment
- Links to other management systems
- Gain an understanding of what is required for managing enterprise risks
- Application of the formal structure provided in ISO31000 to their organisation
- An understanding of different techniques for risk assessment
- Audit skills and techniques to determine effectiveness of risk management
- Opportunities for improvement in the management of risk throughout the organisation
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Professionals responsible for developing organisational strategy and defining organisational objectives
- Risk management professionals
- Those responsible for developing individual systems for managing specific risks within the organisation, e.g. Safety, Environment, Quality, IT security
Participants will learn by active participation throughout the training course through the use of course materials, exercises, questionnaires, and discussion of “real life” issues in their organizations.
The goal of this EuroMaTech training course is to enhance the knowledge of delegates in understanding the requirements of international best practice in risk management, enabling them to apply this in their own organisations. Delegates will have the opportunity to examine the establishment of a risk management framework and various tools and techniques for risk assessment in their organisation. They will also be able to learn the benefits that can accrue to overall organisational performance through effective audit, monitoring and improvement techniques.
Day 1 : Introduction to risk management and ISO 31000
- Introduction to ISO 31000
- Defining risk and risk terms
- The role of risk management in organisational governance
- Outline of ISO 31000
- The principles of risk management
Day 2 : A framework for managing risk
- The role of managers in leading risk management
- Best practice in developing an effective risk management culture
- Organisational context
- Risk management policy
- Integration into organisational processes
Day 3 : Organisation’s appetite for risk
- Risk appetite
- Risk profile
- Risk identification
- Risk analysis
- Risk evaluation
Day 4 : Risk assessment in practice
- Risk treatment and control
- Risk assessment tools
- Managing risk in practice
- Monitoring and review of risk management performance
Day 5 : Risk management in your organisation
- National risk issues
- Identifying risks in your organisation
- Assessing risks
- Developing an implementation strategy
- Review of the programme
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.