An Intensive 5-Day Online Training Course
Project Management for Contract Professionals
Using Project Management Tools to Enhance Contract Outcomes
- Format: Live / Online
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: KHDA,
Application of project management methodology is essential to deliver successful contractual outcomes. Whether you are a project owner, a supplier or a client, you need to understand and control project timelines, scope and costs.
This highly intensive EuroMaTech virtual training course covers the entire project life cycle and is based on the best practices of Project Management as it applies to Contract environment. In this virtual training course you will learn to use modern project management tools to deliver results on time, within budget and in accordance with requirements, while proactively managing risk and ensuring stakeholder engagement.
Participants on the Project Management for Contract Professionals virtual training course will explore a wide range of issues at the crossover of project and contract management, and develop the following competencies:
- Understanding, prioritising and formulating business needs to clearly define project objectives and contract specifications
- Collecting stakeholder requirements
- Creating realistic schedules
- Recognising resource limitations to develop achievable budgets
- Exploring the objectives and priorities of stakeholders, clients and suppliers to nurture robust value-based relationships
- Accepting the fundamental uncertainties in projects and contracts and developing strategies and actions to mitigate risks and capitalise on opportunities
- Developing specific plans and schedules that will withstand the pressure of constantly changing environment
- Aligning projects and contracts with your organization’s strategic objectives to demonstrate real organisational value and maximise benefit realization
The goal of EuroMaTech’s Project Management for Contract Professionals virtual training course is to assist in developing practical project management skills for contract professionals. This virtual training course helps to realise the strategic importance of project management practices in the achievement of contract objectives and maximisation of organisational benefits.
This EuroMaTech virtual training course aims to help participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Understand the business need and correctly define the client’s requirements, from realistic project goals and deliverables to measurable organisational value
- Define project scope and work breakdown structure for planning, scheduling and control purposes
- Estimate project time and costs and develop strategies to deal with uncertainty in estimates
- Understand project cash flows and methods to achieve budget savings
- Implement an effective and efficient control system for monitoring and controlling project progress and assist in managing contract performance
- Understand contemporary risk language and use a practical and effective approach to manage project and contract risks
Who Should Attend?
The Project Management for Contract Professionals virtual training course is suitable for, but not limited to:
- Contract Professionals
- Those aspiring to play management roles in contracts and projects from all industries, government bodies, non-profit organizations
- Anyone who are interested in learning techniques for managing projects
The Project Management for Contract Professionals virtual training course will provide project management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques through case studies, experiential exercises and practical examples specifically tailored for contract management situations that can be used immediately to improve your project results and increase the value of your contracts.
This unique EuroMaTech virtual training course on Project Management for Contract Professionals provides a solid introduction to modern project management best practices, focusing on the application of methodologies that aid planning and control in contract management and procurement environments.
Day 1 : The World of Project Management
- The nature of projects and project management
- Strategic context of contracts and projects; programs and portfolios
- Selecting projects to meet organisational needs
- The role and skills of a project / contract manager
- The project and contract life cycles
- Project initiation; understanding the need and defining projects
- Defining and managing project scope and trade-offs
- Understanding and managing project stakeholders
Day 2 : Project Planning, Scheduling and Budgeting
- Project planning overview
- Uncertainty in project planning decisions
- Defining the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), sequencing project activities and developing a Gantt chart
- Scheduling and resource allocation
- Estimating costs and determining budgets
- Quality planning
- The Project Plan and Contract Management Plan
Day 3 : Risk Management Planning & Control
- Project and contract risk management overview
- Contemporary concepts in project risk management
- Decisions under certainty, risk and uncertainty
- Risk identification
- Risk assessment and prioritization
- Risk mitigation
- Dealing with uncertainty in estimates
- Contingency allocation and management
Day 4 : Project Execution, Monitoring & Control
- Directing and managing project execution
- Managing project / contract performance
- The Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Managing stakeholder expectations
- Successful negotiations
- Addressing typical project implementation issues
- Scope and other creeps
- Time delays and expediting techniques
Day 5 : Issue and Problem Management; Project Completion
- Issue / dispute resolution
- Managing poor performance and non-conformance
- Payments management, linking payments to performance, payment records
- Variations management
- Effective project closure
- Lessons learned
- Post-project evaluation
CALL ME BACK
Thanks for completing the form. Our training solutions specialist shall be in touch with you shortly
You need to accept the terms & conditions in order to proceed ahead.
Invalid email format.
All the fields are required!
An error occurred. Please try again later.
Do you have any questions about this course?ENQUIRE
PRINT THIS PAGE
SEND VIA EMAIL
Do you wish for us to conduct this course at your premises?
Request for In-house
Discover In-House Solutions
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.