An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Advanced Maintenance Management
- Format: Classroom, Live/Online
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
This EuroMaTech Advanced Maintenance Management training course is focused on comprehensively structuring the maintenance management environment. These key tools can be used to ensure the core disciplines are maintained, drive improvement, identify best practices, and assist with the formulation of strategies:
- Key elements of maintenance management strategy
- Maintenance organisation
- Failure management programme development
- Work planning, scheduling and control
- Decision models
- Maintenance auditing and performance measurement
- Continuous improvement, and other techniques required to implement a world-class maintenance practice
Leading industrial organizations are evolving away from reactive (“fix-it-when-it-breaks”) management into predictive, productive management (“anticipating, planning, and fix-it-before-it-breaks”).
This evolution requires well-planned and executed actions on several fronts. You will:
- Identify planning best practices and key elements for taking action on them
- Understand how world-class organizations solve common planning problems
- Evaluate your practices compared to those of others
- Improve the use of your information and communication tools
- Improve productivity through use of better, more timely information
- Create and preserve lead-time in work management and use it for planning and scheduling resources
- Improve consistency and reliability of asset information
- Optimize preventive and predictive maintenance strategies
- Audit your maintenance operations
- Use the results to develop and improvement strategy
- Establish Auditing and Performance Indicators as a key element of the maintenance strategy
The Advanced Maintenance Management training course will impart an understanding of how such techniques can be applied as part of a broad systematic approach to proactively managing and improving maintenance.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Professionals who are responsible for setting and implementing maintenance strategy, development of the maintenance programme, maintenance planning, scheduling and work control, including planners and users of CMMS
Facilitated by an experienced maintenance specialist, this EuroMaTech training course will be conducted as a highly interactive work session, encouraging participants to share their own experiences and apply the training course material to real-life situations. Case studies from different industries will be investigated. Training course size will be limited to 30 delegates in order to stimulate discussion and efficiency of subject coverage. Each delegate will receive an extensive reference manual, as well as case studies, while worked out solutions will be handed out to the delegates on conclusion of group discussions.
To ensure the concepts introduced during the Advanced Maintenance Management training course are understood, they will be reinforced through a mix of learning methods, including lecture style presentation, open discussion, case studies, simulations and group work.
The maintenance and asset management strategy is fundamental to the success of operations. If it is your aim to be a world-class enterprise, the maintenance organisation and strategy have a critical role to play in this mission. Driven from business goals, such a strategy cannot be seen as separate from other functions, but rather as an intrinsic part of a complete approach to high performance operation.
The business goals will place organisational, as well technical demands on the enterprise. The maintenance and asset management strategy therefore has to integrate and guide the implementation of technical and managerial strategies at all organisational and process levels. “Pre-packaged” solutions can be readily demonstrated as having a failure rate. Your Advanced Maintenance Management training course must recognise this and be deliberately designed to eliminate the risk of failure.
The strategy must represent the very best technology, procedures and practices available, relevant to the business goals of the organisation. The strategy must define the processes / procedures / practices required to achieve the highest possible degree of maintenance management and maintenance effectiveness, customer service, cost effectiveness, profitability, employee motivation and satisfaction whilst minimising total life-cycle costs of new assets and current operating costs of existing assets.
Day 1 : Maintenance Management Strategy
- Maintenance in the Business Process
- Evolution in Maintenance Management
- The Maintenance Management Environment and the need for improvement
- An overview of various approaches to maintenance improvement
- World-Class Maintenance Management
- Structure and content of Maintenance Management Strategy
Day 2 : Maintenance Plan: Define the Workload
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Risk Priority Number
- The Criticality Matrix
- Failure Management Policies
- The application of RCM in the Development of Failure Management Policies
- Implementing Failure Management Policies
- Corrective Maintenance Planning
- Maintenance Logistics Planning
- Maintenance Task Detail Planning
- Maintenance Work Estimating
Day 3 : Maintenance Management Systems
- Maintenance Work Flow
- Maintenance Work Prioritisation
- Weekly Master Schedule
- Backlog Management
Day 4 : Maintenance Auditing and Improvement
- Introduction to Maintenance Auditing and Benchmarking
- The Maintenance Auditing Process
- Maintenance Auditing Methodology
- Conducting a Maintenance Audit
- Interpreting Audit Results
- Using Auditing and Benchmarking to drive improvement
Day 5 : Performance Indicators and Management Reporting
- Managing and Measuring Progress to Excellence
- Information and Control
- Management Levels and Information
- Maintenance Performance Indicators
- Management Reports
- Continuous Improvement in Maintenance
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.