An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Advanced Decision Making:
Creative Solutions and Innovative Problem Solving Techniques
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
The pace of change and complexity in the modern business world is ever increasing.
In order to survive and prosper, organisations must develop internal climates where innovation and creative solutions thrive. This practical, yet highly creative programme explores what is involved in establishing such a business environment and will demonstrate to delegates how to develop innovative and creative solutions to real world business problems when they return to their workplace.
The core learning experience centers around a series of practical case study exercises, which will be drawn on to illustrate the key principles involved in innovative problem solving and decision making. It will also enable the delegates to test their knowledge and expertise.
The participants attending this EuroMaTech Advanced Decision Making training course bring a wide variety of experience and resources to this programme. The course facilitator’s role is to help individuals learn for themselves and to assist everyone to make sense of new ideas and techniques that they can use at work. Participants will find it beneficial to commit fully to the programme and to participate as much as they can through challenging assumptions, asking questions, stepping out of their comfort zones and joining in discussions.
- Understand how to add value through innovative problem solving and decision-making
- Appreciate the vital importance that communication and active listening have in building a creative problem-solving environment.
- Understand, at a detailed level, how to brainstorm effectively.
- Enhance innovative approaches in developing solutions to problems.
- Develop their ability to think "outside the box”.
- Have obtained the necessary skills to make better business decisions.
- Recognise the difference between solving problems and finding solutions
- Apply problem solving tools to real life situations
This EuroMaTech Advanced Decision Making training course will involve the use of high impact visual aids, case study exercises, reference manual, story telling, examples of best practice and appropriate video material. The use of flip-charts, syndicate workshops and peer review sessions will encourage a fully participative and enjoyable event.
Day 1 - Creativity
- Creativity and problem solving – determining the definition
- How to unleash our creative talent
- Establishing the right climate
- The impact of different cultures
- Creative approaches explored
- Practical examples and exercises
- Brainstorming practice
Day 2 - Problem solving
- Types of problems
- Opportunities and Challenges as opposed to problems
- The benefits of a team approach
- The steps for effective problem solving and decision making – using several different models
- Practical examples and exercises
Day 3 - Decision making
- Reasons for poor decisions
- Managing the risk
- Decision making applied
- Review of major learning points
- Discussion on any remaining barriers and solutions
- Using problem solving strategies for creative and innovative solutions
Day 4 - Deciding for Success – A Communication Strategy to facilitate Decision Making
- The different communication styles and when to use each one
- Appreciating the diversity of others communications preferences
- Strategies for changing your communication profile
- Perception and communicating with others
- Changing your response to stereotypical perceptions
Day 5 - Translating the Vision to Reality
- Exploiting the latent creativity within you
- The steps for effective problem solving and decision making
- Creating a vision and securing commitment from your team
- Developing a comprehensive Personal Action Plan for implementation over 3, 6, 9 and 12 months from today
- Giving & receiving constructive critical feedback
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.