- Business Analysis for Project Success 24 - 28 Jan 2021
- Flares and Relief Systems: Efficient Design, Safe Operation & Maintenance 24 - 28 Jan 2021
- The Art and Science of Professional Leadership 24 - 28 Jan 2021
- Artificial Intelligence 24 - 26 Jan 2021
- E-Library Management Techniques 24 - 28 Jan 2021
- Management of Contracts and Contract Claims 24 - 28 Jan 2021
- Principles, Applications and Performance of Pumps, Compressors and Turbines 31 - 04 Feb 2021
- The Practical Leader: Developing and Leading High Performing Teams 31 - 04 Feb 2021
- Strategic Thinking and Leadership for Engineers 31 - 04 Feb 2021
- Electric Submersible Pumps (ESPs) 31 - 04 Feb 2021
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs) 31 - 04 Feb 2021
- Project Management & Compliance 07 - 11 Feb 2021
- Effective Supply Chain, Warehouse and Inventory Management 07 - 11 Feb 2021
- Leadership and Management Skills for Supervisors 07 - 11 Feb 2021
- Managing & Leading Strategic Communication 07 - 11 Feb 2021
- Health, Safety & Environment in Engineering Projects 07 - 11 Feb 2021
- Logistic and Supply Chain 07 - 11 Feb 2021
- Advanced Contracts Management 07 - 11 Feb 2021
- Engineering Electronic Document Management Systems (EDMS) 07 - 11 Feb 2021
- Electrical & Instrumentation Design, Installation & Operation: 07 - 11 Feb 2021
An Intensive 5-Day Online Training Course
Oil Movement, Storage and Troubleshooting
Management and Operation of Oil & Gas Terminals
19 - 23 Sep 2021
Live / Online
US $ 2,400
Correct management and operation of an oil and gas terminal is essential for a successful business. The processing, transporting and storing of crude oil or refined petroleum products in tank farms, involve custody transfers of partner and commingled stock, significant volumes of data from various sources and blending complexities.
In addition, as these liquids are loaded and offloaded in bulk quantities, there is a large transfer of high value that makes it imperative for tank farm operators to efficiently manage their inventory and maximize their return on investment.
Upon successful completion of this EuroMaTech online training course on Oil Movement, Storage and Troubleshooting, participants will have gained the right knowledge on oil production and recovery, oil terminals and tank farms, methods of tank gauging, storage of refrigerated LNG, oil products specifications, tank mixing, emergency of oil spills, cleaning of crude oil tanks, work permit system, gas transmission pipelines, pigging operations in crude oil pipelines, quality assurance and control, contingency and safety procedures etc.
This EuroMaTech training course on Oil Movement, Storage and Troubleshooting is intended to provide participants with a complete and up-to-date overview of the oil movements and storage operations in modern refineries, marine terminals and oil plants. They will:
- Acquire knowledge on oil production, recovery, dehydration and desalting and be able to understand the description and installation of a tank farm.
- Identify the different types of tanks and review and improve the operation of a tank farms and oil terminals
- Illustrate the process of gas freeing of tanks and vessels including confined entry for inspection maintenance and repair.
- Understand the steps and limitations of the various methods of gauging tanks
- Describe marine terminal & SPM operations and be able to explain the various product specifications
- Perform blending, tank mixing, meters and meter proving and cleaning of crude oil and product gasoline tanks
- Learn how oil spill emergencies are handled and how these are combated and mitigated
- Understand the causes of corrosion, be able to review the operation and cathodic protection of gas transmission lines
- Increase your knowledge on pigging of crude and gas pipelines and be able to demonstrate the process of ship loading and custody transfer
- Recognize the role and importance of quality assurance and control
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
EuroMaTech’s Oil Movement, Storage and Troubleshooting online training course is suitable for:
- Team Leaders
- Project Professionals
- Refinery Personnel
- Oil Terminal Superintendent / Supervisors
- Plant Supervisors
- Process Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Electrical Engineers
- Instrumentation / Control Engineers
- Technical Staff and Contractor Personnel involved in oil movement and storage
Oil Movement, Storage & Troubleshooting online training course is a hands-on, stimulating learning experience. The online training course will be highly interactive, with opportunities to advance your opinions and ideas. Participation is encouraged in a supportive environment.
To ensure the concepts introduced during the training course are understood, they will be reinforced through a mix of learning methods, including PowerPoint slides and videos. This will be augmented by case studies and facilitated discussions, to engage the delegates and to encourage the exchange of ideas.
The online training course will be reinforced with the use of PC’s with simulations to estimate emission losses and calculations using Microsoft Excel® to practice tank gauging calculations, blending to meet specification and for off spec product corrections. Participants should bring their own laptop loaded with Microsoft Excel® for simulation exercises.
Oil Movement, Storage & Troubleshooting online training course describes the requirements for efficient, effective, and safe operation of Oil Storage facilities. This material is covered by concentrating only on the most commonly applied topics in each case, rather than attempting to discuss everything.
Day 1 : Overview Introduction
- Oil Production, Recovery, Dehydration and Desalting
- Crude Oil Processing
- Oil Terminal & Tank Farm
- Types of Tanks
Day 2 : Tanks and Facilities
- Gas Freeing of Tanks and Vessels
- Methods of Gauging Tanks
- Static Electricity
- General Description and Installation of Tank Farms
- Refrigeration of LPG, Handling and Bulk Storage
Day 3 : Blending and Loading Operations
- Marine Terminal Loading: SPM Operations
- Product Specifications and Blending
- Tank Mixing & Tank-Tank Transfer
- Meter Proving and Meter Factor
Day 4 : Above Ground Storage Tanks
- Oil Spills Emergency
- Cleaning of Crude Oil and product Tanks
- Gauging of Marine Cold Product Tanks
- Gas Transmission Lines: Operation & Cathodic Protection
Day 5 : Cleaning & Loading
- Pigging of Crude & Gas Pipelines
- Ship Loading and Checklist
- Quality Assurance, Control and Work Permit System
- Review and Presentation of Certificates
Do you wish
on this course?
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars
Do you want to see
Visit our online program finder
Want this Seminar for
Please let you know if you wish to conduct this seminar on an in-house basisGet a proposal