An Intensive 5-day Training Course
The Strategic Role of Business Analyst
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
Strategy analysis includes strategic thinking in business analysis, as well as the discovery or imagining of possible solutions that will enable the organisation to create more value.
Strategy defines the most effective way to reach a desired set of goals and objectives. Strategies may exist for the entire organisation, or a division, department, or region. Strategies can also apply to a product, project, or iteration.
This EuroMaTech training course explains how the business analyst collaborates with stakeholders to identify business needs and how to address that need, then align the resulting strategy for the change with higher and lower-level strategies.
- Provide context to requirements analysis and design definition for a given change
- Help stakeholders to determine whether to address a business need or not
- Implement continual assessment of changes in the need or its context
- Assimilate new information indicating an adjustment to the change strategy may be required
- Prepare, manage and implement solution assessment and validation
This training course aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Consider the business context and how predictable the range of possible outcomes is
- For predictable outcomes, identify the future state and possible transition states
- For uncertain outcomes, focus on mitigating risk, testing assumptions, and changing course until a successful strategy can be identified
- Capture strategy in a strategic plan, product vision, business case, product roadmap, or other relevant form
- Develop clarity of business need and solution scope
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This EuroMaTech training course is useful for anyone who needs to understand or apply knowledge and skills from the strategy analysis perspective.
- Functional managers who want to better understand the role and value of business analysis and business analysts
- Business analysts who want to develop their ability to better contribute to strategy development
- IT specialists who want to strengthen their professional abilities including:
- Development managers
- Systems analysts
- Product managers
Participants will learn by active application of methods, tools and techniques presented throughout the programme. The sessions contain focused input from the programme leader, combined with practical sessions enabling delegates to apply the methods and tools to exercises and case studies drawn from a range of industries. The EuroMaTech training course caters for different learning style preferences through group work, individual work, participant discussion, facilitator interaction and self-reflection.
This Strategic Role of Business Analyst training course covers the essential skills for the effective application of strategy analysis methods and tools. The programme begins with consideration of business strategy analysis skills within the organisational context. It explores methods and tools for strategy analysis and strategic thinking within the IIBA Business Analysis Core Concept Model™ (BACCM™) conceptual framework.
Day 1 - Introduction to Strategy Analysis
- Understand the purpose, power and value of strategy analysis
- Understanding business strategy and the business model
- Identifying business needs (problems and opportunities)
- The role of organisational structure and culture
- The strategy analysis process
Day 2 - Analyse the current state
- Organisation capabilities, processes, technology, infrastructure and policies
- Analysing external influencers
- Essential problem-solving techniques
- Understanding Business Architecture
- Analyse current state
Day 3 - Future state analysis
- Business goals and objectives
- Developing a solution scope
- Identify constraints
- Identify assumptions
- Evaluate potential value
Day 4 - Assess Risks
- Dealing with unknowns
- Constraints, assumptions and dependencies
- Evaluate and quantify risk to calculate negative impact to value
- Risk tolerance
- Recommend courses of action
Day 5 - Define Change Strategy
- Define solution scope
- Conduct gap analysis
- Assess organisational readiness
- Develop change strategy
- Transition states and release planning
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.