An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Information Architecture Course
Finding & Using information in an Efficient Manner
- Format: Live/Online
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
This highly participative online training course will help you apprehend the art and science behind organizing, structuring, and labeling content in an effective and sustainable way. The ultimate goal of good Information architecture (IA) is to help users find information and complete tasks. In order to adequately provide the users with this sort of user experience there is a need to understand how the pieces fit together to create the larger picture, how items relate to each other within the system.
This EuroMaTech online training course seeks to provide you with skills to deal with the glut of information available today, and ensure that anything your organization wants to share should be easy to find, navigate, and understand. At the same time the experience you provide has to be familiar and coherent across multiple interaction channels, as well as internationally.
Participants attending the Information Architecture training course will develop the following competencies:
- Diverse understanding of industry standards for accessing and presenting information
- Effective knowledge of interdependent nature of users, content, and context
- Common methodologies used in Information Architecture
- Help your team tackle challenges of information overload and contextual proliferation
- Organizing principles to make information environments more understandable
This Information Architecture online training course aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Techniques to effectively present information to the users
- Skilled cognitive psychology to influence how we structure information
- Understand the data modelling principles for easier sharing of information
- Flexibility to adapt to new ways of categorizing the components of an information architecture
- Understanding the interconnectivity of your content and your users
This online training course will combine presentations with interactive practical exercises, supported by video materials, activities and case studies.
This EuroMaTech online training course covers essential skills such as required to properly organise content or objects, clearly describe the content or objects and providing easy to use and understand way for the people to find and use these content or objects.
Day 1 : Information Architecture principles
- Definition of Information Architecture
- The scope of Information Architecture
- Principles used in design for understanding
- Making Information Architecture Tangible
- Information Architecture visualisation
Day 2 : Interdependent nature of information sharing
- Anatomy of an Information Architecture
- Organization and classification within Information Architecture
Day 3 : Common Methodologies of Information Architecture
- Library science
- Cognitive psychology
- Modern Information Architecture
- Models of how people search for information
- Common Information Needs
Day 4 : Information Architecture design
- Labeling systems
- Label development
- Global, local, and contextual navigation
- Personalization, visualization, tag clouds
- Collaborative filtering and social navigation
Day 5 : Information Architecture implementation
- Anatomy of a search system
- Understanding of retrieval algorithms
- Using synonym rings, authority files, classification schemes, and thesauri
- Hierarchical, equivalence, and associative relationships in Information Architecture
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.