Civil Engineering deals with the design and construction of the artefacts of civil use. This EuroMaTech training course is designed for non-civil engineers aspiring to work in construction and civil engineering industry. This Construction and Civil Engineering Fundamentals for Non-Civil Engineers training course will help non-civil engineers to develop a career in the professional side of the civil or construction industry by providing technical, organisational and problem solving skills in line with industry standards. They will be able to determine the economic feasibility of a project and make cost estimates for materials and equipment to be used in the entire project.
Participants will develop the following competencies:
- Familiarity with general terminology and standards used in Civil and Construction Engineering Industry
- Understanding of sustainability and environmental precautions as applied to Civil Engineering
- Ability to put in place measures to Quantify Progress and Condition of Projects
- Appreciation of Planning, Scheduling and Resources Control Techniques
- Identification and decisions on Cost Analysis for Civil Engineers