The Practical Team Leader training course will allow you to explore what you actually do hour by hour, day by day, week by week, month by month as a team leader. Other training courses will teach you the theory of leadership, concentrating on style, vision, mission and values. This EuroMaTech training course will show you the practices you should adopt and the habits you should develop to succeed as a team leader.
You may already know what good leaders do. You will hopefully have experienced good leadership in others, and you will also have encountered poor leadership. This EuroMaTech training course will give you the confidence to do what you know is right in leading your team.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Team Leaders
- Human Resource, Executive Resource or Personnel Staff
- Training Officers
- Anyone preparing for a leadership role
- Identify steps to create a close, mutually trusting relationship with team members and colleagues
- Techniques to engage with and motivate employees
- Develop and manage teams for optimum performance
- Deal with under-performers in a positive, constructive way and encourage and support good performers
- Delegate and empower effectively and in particular, communicate and run meetings effectively
- Handle team change effectively
This EuroMaTech training methodology used is designed to encourage maximum participation by all delegates. The presenter will suggest ideas and theories to the delegates and then encourage them to test out the ideas by the use of discussion, small group work, exercises and feedback. Each day of this training session will end by delegates completing their own record of what has been learned on the day and considering how the ideas might be transferred back to the workplace.
The Practical Leader training course will concentrate on the everyday activities and practices that will lead you to success as a team leader. Delegates will understand the principles underpinning the team leadership role and responsibilities, will develop personal skills for dealing with the demands made by the role and will be confident and supportive in future dealings with staff and within the organisation more broadly.
Day 1 : Team Motivation
- Identifying motivating factors in the 21st Century
- Tools, techniques and approaches to motivate your team
- Intrinsic and extrinsic motivation
- Engaging your followers
- Team leadership behaviours that enhance motivation
Day 2 : The Practices of Successful Leaders
- Getting the team to perform
- What turns a group into a team?
- Building mutual trust across the team
- Empowering employees to make decisions
- Delegation for increased productivity
- Running effective meetings
Day 3 : Managing Performance
- High performing team leaders
- Valuing and supporting team members
- Recognising and rewarding team performance
- Creating a high-performance team culture
- Motivating and managing poor performers
- Accomplishing goals and tasks within time constraints
Day 4 : The Skills and Competencies of a High Performing Team Leader
- Communicating Purpose, Objectives and Tasks and Clearly
- Effective Listening Techniques
- Ensuring the team Communicate Effectively
- Recruiting and retaining the right people
- Improving performance through timely and appropriate feedback
- Engaging with colleagues to ensure Win-Win
Day 5 : Helping the Team Cope with Change Effectively
- Leading and supporting change with the team
- Understanding the emotional stages of change acceptance
- Developing team resilience
- Valuing diversity in the team
- Coaching the team to take action
- Action plan for The Practical Team Leader
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars.