Retention is an important issue in organizations, regardless of whether the economy is declining or booming across all industries and countries. The challenge to retain key talents in order to sustain a competitive advantage preoccupies the minds of many business leaders. Today’s key employees have many employment options. One question that arises in this context is: how can remuneration and training foster employee commitment? Research reveals that, even though pay and benefits count, one cannot depend on money alone to retain talented employees. Among other things, key motivators include an opportunity to learn and grow and recognition of achievement.
This EuroMaTech training course will cover various areas such as pay and benefits, but also key motivators, which go beyond money such as training, promotion and transfers. However, sometimes parting from employees is unavoidable. Therefore, this training course also offers advice and guidance on how to manage dismissals fairly and effectively.
Key areas covered include:
- The challenge of retaining key talent
- Reward Management
- Designing a pay structure
- Managing promotions
- Managing transfers
- Managing retirement
- Managing disciplining
- Managing dismissals
- Capture the causes of attrition through exit interviews
- How to foster employee commitment?
- Training and Training Needs Analysis
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- HR practitioners working with the retention of key employees
- Senior Human Resource staff who wish a future HR management position
- Existing HR professionals who wish to gain a valuable qualification
- All staff who work in Human Resources, Personnel or related areas and personnel new to HR or interested in a career in HR
- Line managers would also benefit from an understanding of the topic and those who manage, supervise or have an organizational interest in HR and want to examine modern practices
- Understand the key aspects of talent retention
- More effectively manage Reward systems
- More effectively design a pay structure
- Describe the issues to consider when making promotion decisions
- Describe the methods for enhancing diversity through career management
- Answer the question: How can career development foster employee commitment?
- More effectively manage promotions, transfers, retirement, disciplining and dismissal
- Understand the key aspects of training
- Have a good understanding how to accurately identify immediate or long term training and development needs
Dynamic presentations supporting each of the topics together with interactive trainer lead sessions of discussion. There will also be practical sessions where participants have the opportunity to practice and experience related activities. Case studies, videos, small group work, exercises and feedback will be used to facilitate learning.
This EuroMaTech training course is designed to provide the essential skills and knowledge related to Talent Retention through remuneration and training. This training course will allow participants to explore a broad overview of the topic. From the initial introduction, we will explore various issues in sufficient detail to allow participants to consider the implementation of new modern approaches into their organizations and weigh up the potential benefits and advantages of each approach.
Day 1 : The Challenge of Retaining Key Employees
- Identifying and spotting talent potential
- The challenge of retaining key employees
- How to win the war for talent?
- Retention methods and models
- Case study: Retaining technical staff in a competitive market
Day 2 : Reward Management and Designing a Pay Structure
- Reward strategies that are not just based on pay
- How to design and create a benefits and incentives plan
- The psychology of workplace motivation and incentives
- Linking pay to performance and personal improvement
- Building a competency matrix based on real-life performance
Day 3 : Managing Promotions, Transfers, Retirement and Dismissals
- Employee’s manager’s and employer’s career development roles
- Issues to consider when making promotion decisions
- Transfer, retirement, disciplining and dismissal
- Examples of flexible employment and succession planning
- How to foster employee commitment?
- Competency based evaluations
Day 4 : Training as a Tool for Retention and Development
- What is training and why is it important?
- Design a training session - examples and case-studies
- Effective learning objectives and planning
- Types of learning / training methods
- Building a coaching, feedback and work-based appraisal system
- Facilitate the training and other forms of learning
Day 5 : Assessment of Training Needs
- How to identify that you have a need?
- What should a training needs analysis cover?
- Identification of needs at the individual, occupation and organisational level
- Residual, present and future needs in a changing world
- Case study: Performing a training needs analysis
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars.