Today’s business is done in an increasingly competitive and fast-changing environment. Product life-cycles are shortening; technology is changing rapidly; markets are opening globally. Companies now need to think faster, develop quicker and often change radically if they are to achieve profitable growth and create tomorrow’s organisation out of today’s organisation.
This highly interactive EuroMaTech training course on Strategic Thinking & Decision Making in Competitive Environments has been developed for experienced management team members who now need to step up and take new opportunities and at the same time deal with new threats from existing and emerging competitors.
Participants attending the Strategic Thinking & Decision Making in Competitive Environments training course will develop the following specific competencies:
- Business Value Analysis
- Customer Analysis
- Project Choice
- Project Management and Control
- Change and Development
Who Should Attend?
The Strategic Thinking & Decision Making in Competitive Environments training course is suitable for a very wide range of professionals involved in private and public sector organisations and their activities, but it will be particularly beneficial to:
- Strategic Planners
- Top-level Operations Personnel
- Marketing Analysts
- Technical and Research Professionals
- Specialists in Corporate Finance
- Human Resource Team who contribute to long-term Staff Development
EuroMaTech’s Strategic Thinking & Decision Making in Competitive Environments training course aims to help participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Gain an understanding of the workings of competitive markets
- Identify the right tools and techniques to use in market analysis
- Build an effective system for acquiring and processing competitor information
- Understand the processes and the strategic significance of value migration
- Manage simultaneous competitive / collaborative business relationships
- Create sustainable differentiation on the basis of the total business model
The Strategic Thinking & Decision Making in Competitive Environments training course will combine presentations with instructor-guided interactive discussions between participating delegates that relate to their individual interests.
In addition practical exercises, video material and case studies will stimulate and support these discussions in order to provide maximum benefit to the participants. Above all, the course leader will make extensive use of case examples and case studies based on real-life strategic issues and situations in which he has been personally involved.
This unique EuroMaTech training course on Strategic Thinking & Decision Making in Competitive Environments covers the critical areas of understanding market trends, value analysis, competitor evaluation and programme / project development.
Day 1 : Evaluating the Business and its Potential
- What is the value structure of a business?
- How and why is this changing?
- The “value chain” and “value ladder” in strategic thinking
- Financial and non-financial evaluation of the business
- Foresight – the most important activity in strategy
- The underlying concept of profitable growth
- Case study
Day 2 : Strategic Analysis in a Competitive Context
- Learning from best practice
- Introducing a strategic mindset
- Managing internal and external relationships in strategy development
- Assessing risk in strategic decisions
- How to review and evaluate initiatives and projects
- Securing the cohesion of strategic programmes and projects
- Case example or case study
Day 3 : Dealing with Choice and Complexity
- Strategic choice 1 – working out what to do and what not to do
- Strategic choice 2 – incorporating agility and contingency provision
- The economics of the “make-versus-buy” decision
- Use of information technology to cope with increasing complexity
- Supply-demand chain optimisation
- Participating in a virtual or extended organisation
- Case study on dealing with complexity
Day 4 : Strategic Decision-Making
- The membership of an effective strategic planning team
- Project evaluation and ranking of opportunities
- Innovation – its place in the strategic decision process
- Risk analysis and risk management – tools and techniques
- Setting project objectives, milestones and performance measures
- Sustaining differentiation on the basis of the total business model
- Case study of a real-life strategic decision
Day 5 : Implementing Strategy and Deciding on Long-Term Development
- Why do most strategic plans never get implemented?
- Strategy implementation – how to break it down and get it done
- Implementation as a “mission critical” management activity
- Plan ahead – only as far as you can see
- Leveraging experience to convert foresight into programmes and projects
- Discussion of delegates’ plans for follow-up action
- Overview and summary of the complete course
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars.