There is no more difference between the computer and the phone, laptop and any mobile device. With the introduction of the Cloud, IoT and other modern technologies, the differences are almost erased. However, with the overall connectivity and connectedness, the people and the industry are facing an ever-growing problem of data privacy. As people want to be connected, but not to share all of their data and not to have their data stolen or otherwise misused.
This highly participative EuroMaTech training course will address the major issues of data privacy and preparing for the future, especially now where the sphere of telecommunications is totally liberalised, and there are many interconnected open network provision service providers.
The main effect of this liberalisation and open network provision on current telecommunications services is that whereas before there was only one (state owned) company having full access to and control over the telecommunications infrastructure and its operations, nowadays there are several companies with interwoven infrastructures and operations, which must be on the other side governed by the state and international laws. Therefore, many states have introduced data protection laws, or use their general provision for data protection, while some other entities, for instance European Union have introduced international laws which affect not only the member states but all other enterprises which deal with the data of EU citizens.
Participants attending this Data Privacy training course will develop the following competencies:
- Understand the value of confidentiality in different spheres of life
- Learn how the privacy of data can be protected
- Align the operations of telecommunication service providers to protect the data
- Balance the requirements of connectivity and service provision with data protection
- Make a significant contribution to data privacy protection for their customers
- Learn the impact of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Get acquainted with the standards in data privacy
Who Should Attend?
This Data Privacy training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals, but will be particularly beneficial to:
- Professionals and leaders who wish to learn more about data governance
- Professionals in the field of privacy, data protection, cyber security strategies, information governance
- Telecommunication professionals
- Personnel who work in IT systems management and information security
- Persons involved in legal, risk management, projects, HR and procurement
- Business Analysts
- Senior Managers
- Risk and Audit Managers
- Legal Advisors
- Technical Managers
- Business Change Professionals
- Project Management Professionals
The EuroMaTech training course on Data Privacy aims to help participants to develop the following critical objectives:
- Understand the meaning and impact of data privacy on their operations
- Know how to apply the main techniques for data privacy protection
- Develop understanding of GDPR and its application
- Apply the most effective techniques of data privacy protection
- Effectively use ISO standards, local and international rules on data protection
- Achieve targets and performance KPIs required by the rules and standards
- Build strong emphasis on privacy versus utility in the techniques
- Gain insight into current data privacy threats and risks
This Data Privacy training course will combine presentations with instructor-guided interactive discussions between participants relating to their individual interests. Practical exercises, video material and case studies aiming at stimulating these discussions and providing maximum benefit to the participants will support the formal presentation sessions. Above all, the course leader will make extensive use of case examples and case studies of issues in which he has been personally involved as well as the leading examples of data privacy infringement cases.
This unique EuroMaTech training course on Data Privacy covers discussion of critical areas of strategic thinking and planning of data protection, techniques used for data anonymization, risk mitigation measure and will have above all a practical focus on decision-making in conditions of complexity that include accountability in front of state and international laws and regulations.
The focus of this course is on the actions required to achieve highest level of data privacy while at the same time using all the benefits of modern connectivity technologies. This will include detailed presentation and discussion of contemporary leading-edge approaches to data privacy protection, as well as the future trends and challenges.
Day 1: Data Privacy - Introduction
- Why is the Data Privacy important?
- Privacy vs anonymity,
- Defining and protecting sensitive data,
- Methods of data privacy protection,
- Privacy preserving data mining,
Day 2: National and International Data Privacy Protection
- Data privacy protection regulation in GCC
- ISO 27001 description and implementation
- ISO 27001 audit
- Scope, implementation, application
- Cross-border Data Transfers
- Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA)
Day 3: Privacy in Big Data Era
- Privacy protection at Data Provider
- Privacy protection at Data Collector
- Privacy protection and data transmission
- Privacy protection at Data Mining
Day 4: Privacy Protection regarding Mobility Data
- Mobility data sources
- Mobility models for individual
- Location sensing technologies
- Privacy risks
- Overview of privacy infringement cases
Day 5: Data Privacy and Telecommunications
- Trusted Execution Environment
- Data privacy in Vehicular Ad Hock Networks
- Network Security
- SSL / TLS
- Intrusion and Anomaly Detection
- Vulnerabilities and Risks in Cellular Data Networks
- Future of the data privacy
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars.