- CCPS Risk-Based Process Safety (RBPS) 08 - 12 Aug 2021
- Gas Turbine & Compressors 08 - 12 Aug 2021
- Building Collaborative Business Models for Innovation and Competitiveness 08 - 12 Aug 2021
- Writing Effective Legal Documents and Commercial Contracts - A Practical Workshop 09 - 13 Aug 2021
- The Art of Strategic Management 09 - 13 Aug 2021
- Strategic Planning Specialist 09 - 13 Aug 2021
- The Art of Strategic Management and Leadership 09 - 20 Aug 2021
- Leadership and Management Skills for the 21st Century 09 - 20 Aug 2021
- Managing and Leading Innovation 09 - 13 Aug 2021
- Pensions Management 09 - 13 Aug 2021
- Advanced Warehouse Management,Warehousing Performance Measures,Storage Control & Safety 15 - 19 Aug 2021
- Strategic Marketing: Planning, Development & Implementation 15 - 19 Aug 2021
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs) 15 - 19 Aug 2021
- Audit Sampling: From Engagement Planning to Execution 15 - 19 Aug 2021
- Waste Management 15 - 19 Aug 2021
- Professional English Language for Executive Management 15 - 19 Aug 2021
- Accounting & Finance for Non-Financial Professionals 15 - 19 Aug 2021
- Transformational Leadership Post COVID-19 15 - 19 Aug 2021
- Advanced Maintenance Management 16 - 20 Aug 2021
- Upstream Petroleum Cost Trends and Benchmarking 16 - 20 Aug 2021
How do you avoid a contract crisis when your prime contractor goes bust?
November 25, 2019
Last year’s bankruptcy of Carillion, the British contractor that operated in the Middle East, Canada and the Caribbean as well as in the UK, should have flashed a huge warning light to contract owners across the globe about the supply chain risks from contractors. No matter how large their organisation, how well prepared are they should their prime construction contractor let them down? This EuroMaTech Advanced Contracts Management training course covers the contracting process from contract award, through planning and management to contract close-out and resolution of disputes. The intention is to develop a delegate’s existing skills in a wide range of contract management situations, and to allow participants to have an awareness of practices in many business sectors including construction, petroleum, engineering and other industries.
Dubbed “the largest ever trading liquidation in the UK” Carillion plc went into compulsory liquidation in January 2018, owing around £7 billion to clients, staff, suppliers and sub-contractors. At the time of its failure, Carillion employed more than 18,000 people and was working on more than 280 major contracts, including the construction of new housing, schools, hospitals and infrastructure projects such as smart motorways.
Managers and professionals involved in the contracting process need to be effective and efficient in applying contract management principles and practices, in order to protect their employers from such contractor failures. One should have and must develop his knowledge and skills, so that they will acquire best results from all the involved parties they are doing business with.
Delegates attending EuroMaTech’s training programme “Advanced Contract Management” will reacquaint themselves with the facts about contractor risk within the wider context of managing major contracts.
Aimed at procurement and contract management professionals from across government and industry, the course will be taking place at the Doubletree by Hilton hotel in Amsterdam from 25th – 29th November and will be facilitated by the British lawyer and instructor, Bill Blakemore.
According to Bill “the training course will focus on managing third-party contractors effectively after the contract award has been made – whether in the field of construction, the supply of equipment and materials, or in the delivery of services”.
Topics that will be covered during the training will include
- Monitoring and managing contract performance
- Knowing how to analyse contract obligations and risks
- Preparing for contract claims and disputes
- Controlling variations to contract
- Managing contract default, and considering remedies including termination
We invite you to take a look at the EuroMaTech website to view the dates of this and other courses being run in exciting venues.
Do you wish to join in the next session of the Advanced Contracts Management training course? Explore here.
Schedule this training course for your team elsewhere? Contact our team and we are happy to assist you in our 24/7 hotline: +971 4 457 1800
EuroMaTech is a leading training & management consultancy offering
training solutions that focus on enabling clients to improve their skills and
potential, to progressively achieve organisational outcomes. With a high
emphasis on quality, we support our clients’ training needs across a wide
range of industries to meet industry best practices and create value
addition. Our program categories include topics on: Administration
Finance & Budgeting, Customer &
Public Relations, HR
Process Engineering, Projects, Contracts &
Masterclass. With headquarters in Liverpool, UK and offices in Dubai and
Abu Dhabi, EuroMaTech deliver courses in worldwide venues including
Training Courses in Abu Dhabi , Training
in Amsterdam , Training
Courses in Bali ,
Training Courses in Bangkok , Training Courses
Training Courses in Brighton,
Training Courses in Brussels, Training Courses
in Berlin , Training Courses in Chicago ,
Training Courses in Colombo ,
Training Courses in Copenhagen , Training
Courses in Dubai , Training
Courses in Geneva , Training Courses in Georgia , Training Courses in
Jeddah , Training Courses in
Kuala Lumpur , Training Courses in London ,
Training Courses in Marrakech , Training
Muscat , Training Courses in Los
Angeles , Training
Courses in Orlando , Training Courses in Riyadh , Training Courses in Singapore , Training
Courses in St. Petersburg , Training
Courses in Sydney , Training Courses in Vancouver ,
Training Courses in Vienna , Training Courses
in Washington , and Training Courses in Zurich.
Join us on LinkedIn, Facebook , Twitter , Google+, YouTube & Instagram and make a professional presence online.