- Contract Management for Non-Contract Professionals 16 - 20 May 2021
- LV, MV and HV Circuit Breakers 16 - 20 May 2021
- The 10-day Contract & Project Management Skills for Non-Professionals 16 - 27 May 2021
- Oil & Gas Operational Safety 16 - 20 May 2021
- Financial Analysis: Evaluation, Budgeting & Decision Making 16 - 20 May 2021
- Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) and Operational Excellence 16 - 20 May 2021
- SAP Enterprise Resource Planning 16 - 20 May 2021
- Process Plant Start-up and Commissioning 16 - 20 May 2021
- Process Plant Start-up, Commissioning and Troubleshooting 16 - 27 May 2021
- Emotional Intelligence: EQ for Innovative Leadership and Corporate Teamwork 16 - 20 May 2021
- Healthcare Operations: Cost Control & Productivity Management 16 - 20 May 2021
- e-HR: Latest Trends and Applications 16 - 20 May 2021
- Integrated Reservoir Analysis: Concepts, Methodology & Importance 16 - 20 May 2021
- Leadership Development for Engineers 16 - 20 May 2021
- Leadership & Crisis Management in Emergency Situations 16 - 20 May 2021
- Advanced Presentation Skills 16 - 20 May 2021
- Petroleum Production Operations 17 - 21 May 2021
- Construction Administration for Engineers 17 - 21 May 2021
- The 5-day Contract Professional MBA 17 - 21 May 2021
- Ship Chartering, Laytime & Demurrage Masterclass 17 - 21 May 2021
Purpose, Participation, Proof and Profit
March 8, 2020
The Public Relations & Corporate Communications training course from EuroMaTech has it all
Public relations and corporate communications have changed dramatically in the 21st century – and the pace is increasing. Although many pundits focus on communications technology which has undergone a seismic shift, the greatest change affecting this profession is in society itself.
Today’s consumers, suppliers and workers are very different from their parent’s generation. They are global citizens with extraordinary and unprecedented access to information. They are more worldly, cynical and mistrustful. So much so that one of the most effective measures of an organisation now is trust.
People want to deal with or work for businesses that are driven by a clear and compelling purpose. But a convincing purpose has to be something more than just rehash of your mission statement. Your mission is what your organisation is trying to do, your purpose is why you want to accomplish that mission. It needs to convince and inspire.
Why is this important? It is because Millennials and the so-called Generation Z tell researchers that it is. The Purpose Pulse 2020, a new report on social trends produced by Purpose Union, The Brand & Reputation Collective and Root Cause, claims that 71% of these young people regard Climate change as the greatest challenge that they face while 60% see economic inequality and political instability as key challenges. The list goes on.
Over 60% of respondents said that it is important that companies take a stance on issues that matter to them. A majority of those surveyed also said that having a clear purpose beyond profit is important to them when considering which brands to use. This does not mean that every organisation must be a campaigning one like the Body Shop Whole Foods or Zappos. It means that you should have similar values to your users and staff.
Price Waterhouse Coopers reported in 2018 that nearly 80% of business leaders surveyed believed that an organisation’s purpose is central to its business success. Harvard Business School and other have offered evidence that purpose-driven companies have more engaged employees and more loyal customers, and so make more money. PR and Corporate Communications must play a key role in delivering clear purpose through great internal and external communication, helping shape the narrative and engaging all stakeholders.
This is not a wishy-washy ideal. It is a process that should rely on hard data to shape decisions and consistent evaluation to prove that it is working or to diagnose when it isn’t. The next decade will be shaped by the search for purpose and our course will show how this is accomplished using examples of those who have achieved it. Although this successful training course has been in existence for more than 2 decades it has constantly evolved with up-to-date information and examples to keep delegates ahead of the curve.
Reference: EuroMaTech Senior Consultant – Derek Prior, Course leader and former PR and Corporate Communications Director of blue chip international organisations.
Check out our courses for 2020 at www.euromatech.com/training-plan-2020.
EuroMaTech is a leading training & management consultancy offering
training solutions that focus on enabling clients to improve their skills and
potential, to progressively achieve organisational outcomes. With a high
emphasis on quality, we support our clients’ training needs across a wide
range of industries to meet industry best practices and create value
addition. Our program categories include topics on: Administration
Finance & Budgeting, Customer &
Public Relations, HR
Process Engineering, Projects, Contracts &
Masterclass. With headquarters in Liverpool, UK and offices in Dubai and
Abu Dhabi, EuroMaTech deliver courses in worldwide venues including
Training Courses in Abu Dhabi , Training
in Amsterdam , Training
Courses in Bali ,
Training Courses in Bangkok , Training Courses
Training Courses in Brighton,
Training Courses in Brussels, Training Courses
in Berlin , Training Courses in Chicago ,
Training Courses in Colombo ,
Training Courses in Copenhagen , Training
Courses in Dubai , Training
Courses in Geneva , Training Courses in Georgia , Training Courses in
Jeddah , Training Courses in
Kuala Lumpur , Training Courses in London ,
Training Courses in Marrakech , Training
Muscat , Training Courses in Los
Angeles , Training
Courses in Orlando , Training Courses in Riyadh , Training Courses in Singapore , Training
Courses in St. Petersburg , Training
Courses in Sydney , Training Courses in Vancouver ,
Training Courses in Vienna , Training Courses
in Washington , and Training Courses in Zurich.
Join us on LinkedIn, Facebook , Twitter , Google+, YouTube & Instagram and make a professional presence online.