- Contract Management for Non-Contract Professionals 16 - 20 May 2021
- LV, MV and HV Circuit Breakers 16 - 20 May 2021
- The 10-day Contract & Project Management Skills for Non-Professionals 16 - 27 May 2021
- Oil & Gas Operational Safety 16 - 20 May 2021
- Financial Analysis: Evaluation, Budgeting & Decision Making 16 - 20 May 2021
- Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) and Operational Excellence 16 - 20 May 2021
- SAP Enterprise Resource Planning 16 - 20 May 2021
- Process Plant Start-up and Commissioning 16 - 20 May 2021
- Process Plant Start-up, Commissioning and Troubleshooting 16 - 27 May 2021
- Emotional Intelligence: EQ for Innovative Leadership and Corporate Teamwork 16 - 20 May 2021
- Healthcare Operations: Cost Control & Productivity Management 16 - 20 May 2021
- e-HR: Latest Trends and Applications 16 - 20 May 2021
- Integrated Reservoir Analysis: Concepts, Methodology & Importance 16 - 20 May 2021
- Leadership Development for Engineers 16 - 20 May 2021
- Leadership & Crisis Management in Emergency Situations 16 - 20 May 2021
- Advanced Presentation Skills 16 - 20 May 2021
- Petroleum Production Operations 17 - 21 May 2021
- Construction Administration for Engineers 17 - 21 May 2021
- The 5-day Contract Professional MBA 17 - 21 May 2021
- Ship Chartering, Laytime & Demurrage Masterclass 17 - 21 May 2021
New Formula for Procurement Management Techniques
September 29, 2019
Procurement is typically a subset of activities and processes within the procurement management approach. It intended to focus on operational purchasing requirements from the information limited environmental scan. Procurement management relates to the management of procurement activities such as drafting specification (of goods, works and services); selecting and contracting of suppliers.
It is majorly constituted of pre-procurement and actual procurement activities. The pre-procurement or pre-bidding activities are those activities performed by organizations in preparation for a given procurement.
These include, needs assessment, procurement planning, drafting solicitation documents, budgeting; confirmation of funds, determining procurement method and conducting market research, among others. While actual procurement relates to those activities involving the actual contracting of a bidder.
They include; conducting preliminary evaluations, financial evaluations, technical evaluation, negotiations, award of contract and debriefing unsuccessful bidders.
This is because the procurement is the most sensitive in the procurement process, since it is what determines the quality of a bidder to be contracted. If the tactical procurement process is poorly managed for example, there is a high possibility of having poor services delivered and the reverse is true.
In procurement is usually given high considerable attention and involvement of key stakeholders or actors as early as possible in order to ensure joint planning and implementation of required tasks.
This helps minimize risks of delay, and procurement of substandard items thus effective service delivery management. Procurement management involves countering the negative effect that procurement operations from achieving efficiency and effectiveness in service delivery management.
Such interventions majorly take a form of; collaborative business management, supplier development and market analysis (Online) forecasting in order to promote visibility and accuracy in supply chain management, hence effective service delivery and organization performance.
In the private sector, because of the high desire to obtain competitiveness, procurement is more rigorous in nature than the public sector. For this matter, a combination of approaches or strategies have been devised, which include, supplier development approaches, and collaborative business but also incorporating of modern business management practices such as e-Procurement. This has increased efficiency in the operations of many firms leading to improved service delivery management.
EuroMaTech is a leading training & management consultancy offering
training solutions that focus on enabling clients to improve their skills and
potential, to progressively achieve organisational outcomes. With a high
emphasis on quality, we support our clients’ training needs across a wide
range of industries to meet industry best practices and create value
addition. Our program categories include topics on: Administration
Finance & Budgeting, Customer &
Public Relations, HR
Process Engineering, Projects, Contracts &
Masterclass. With headquarters in Liverpool, UK and offices in Dubai and
Abu Dhabi, EuroMaTech deliver courses in worldwide venues including
Training Courses in Abu Dhabi , Training
in Amsterdam , Training
Courses in Bali ,
Training Courses in Bangkok , Training Courses
Training Courses in Brighton,
Training Courses in Brussels, Training Courses
in Berlin , Training Courses in Chicago ,
Training Courses in Colombo ,
Training Courses in Copenhagen , Training
Courses in Dubai , Training
Courses in Geneva , Training Courses in Georgia , Training Courses in
Jeddah , Training Courses in
Kuala Lumpur , Training Courses in London ,
Training Courses in Marrakech , Training
Muscat , Training Courses in Los
Angeles , Training
Courses in Orlando , Training Courses in Riyadh , Training Courses in Singapore , Training
Courses in St. Petersburg , Training
Courses in Sydney , Training Courses in Vancouver ,
Training Courses in Vienna , Training Courses
in Washington , and Training Courses in Zurich.
Join us on LinkedIn, Facebook , Twitter , Google+, YouTube & Instagram and make a professional presence online.