Uninterruptible power supply (UPS) is a battery-powered electronic device that continues to supply electricity to the load for a certain period of time during a utility failure or when the line voltage varies outside the normal limits. It is a typical application. Besides the backup, most UPS also provide surge protection. Modern UPS can either be of the static type or the rotary type.
This exclusive EuroMaTech training course on the importance of Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) is of great interest where electrical installations require continuous power supply. Today’s reliance of power from the grid sometimes poses new issues like power quality and interruptions. This training course will address issues pertaining to power quality and mitigation techniques. A closer look at the uninterruptible power supply components and functionalities will be discussed. The battery system which forms the integral part of the uninterruptible power supply will be scrutinised in view of its construction, characteristics, merits and demerits. The-state-of-the-art diesel rotary uninterruptible power supply will deliberated in details.
Delegates attending the Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) training course will develop the following competencies:
- Understand the importance of a UPS system
- Awareness of the types, care and maintenance of batteries
- Comprehend the construction and functionalities of the static UPS system
- Exposed to the operation, construction and characteristics of the diesel rotary uninterruptible power systems
- Determine the maintenance strategies for the UPS systems