An Intensive 5-Day Training Course
Tanker Vetting and Inspection
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
|10 - 14 Jul 2023||Dubai - UAE||US $ 5950||Enroll now|
|27 Nov - 01 Dec 2023||Dubai - UAE||US $ 5950||Enroll now|
|08 - 12 Jul 2024||Dubai - UAE||US $ 5950||Enroll now|
|25 - 29 Nov 2024||Dubai - UAE||US $ 5950||Enroll now|
This EuroMatech Tanker Vetting and Inspection training course directly deals with environment growing concern with regard to pollution of the seas due to oil tankers navigation. Oil companies regularly conduct vetting and inspection to ensure safe carriage of their cargos and acceptance by the oil companies for trading. The course has been designed so that tankers` staff undergoes vetting inspections and accordingly minimizes the comments resulting from inspections and avoiding its rejection. The Course provides a detailed overview of tankers features and goes through the inspection procedure and ends with practical guidelines for vetting Inspectors. The EuroMatech Tanker Vetting and Inspection training course aims at exploring real life scenarios by practicing technical exercises and presenting real examples and case studies.
Participants attending the EuroMatech Tanker Vetting and Inspection training course will develop the following competencies:
- Projecting confidence by deep understanding the basics of tankers vetting and inspection
- Effective communication of gained underpinning knowledge to carry a persuasive message across to others
- Building connections that allows upgrading their awareness and expertise
- Help working in team to find creative solutions to workplace challenges based on a solid base of knowledge
This EuroMatech Tanker Vetting and Inspection training course aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Obtain an overview of the Tanker and Gas Vessel types and design features
- Become main players in this sector of maritime industry.
- Be aware of the SIRE program and other codes for tanker operation
- Prepare required documents for tanker vetting and inspection
- Conduct a full process undergoing their vetting inspections successfully
- Able to interact appropriately and positively with vetting inspectors.
- Deal properly with observations which might be existing during vetting inspections
The EuroMatech Tanker Vetting and Inspection training course will combine presentations with interactive practical exercises, supported by video materials, activities and case studies. Delegates will be encouraged to participate actively in relating the principles and concepts discussed to particular needs of their workplace.
The EuroMatech Tanker Vetting and Inspection training course covers essential skills such as; information retrieving from various sources, confidence to handle challenging situations in worksites and interpretation of technical information found in process and equipment manuals. This allows participants develop inspiring team members to achieve organizational goals and influencing individuals to support the team direction.
Day 1 - Introduction to chartering and vetting
- Terminology and definitions
- Reasons for tankers inspection
- Vetting decision
- Vetting and risk management
- Vessel acceptability of vetting tools (commercial information, casualty reports, terminal feedback)
- Case study: Risk based approach to oil tankers and bulk carriers vetting
Day 2 - Related Codes& Standards
- Exercise: Overview of related codes& standards, pick& interpret information and best practices for tankers vetting & inspection
Day 3 - SIRE program
- What is a sire program?
- SIRE operating principles
- Reporting defects & corrective actions (defect management system)
- Recipients access to reports
- Examples of reports
- SIRE self-inspections
- Case study: SIRE Inspections on Oil Tankers
Day 4 - Key Issues of SIRE Inspection Program
- Overall safety
- Conduct of the inspection
- The SIRE report editor – The inspector’s reporting tool
- Inspector observations
- Other comments, additional comments
- The new officer qualification matrix
- Getting ready and staying ready for inspection
- Oil Record Book (Parts, review, interpretation)
- example: Oil record book for ships
Day 5 - The Inspection Procedure
- The opening meeting
- Documentation checks
- Bridge & radio room inspection
- Accommodation external decks inspection
- Cargo control room (ccr) inspection
- Accommodation internal inspection
- Engine Room Inspection
- Closing Meeting
- Example: Full Vessel SIRE inspection procedure
CALL ME BACK
Thanks for completing the form. Our training solutions specialist shall be in touch with you shortly
You need to accept the terms & conditions in order to proceed ahead.
Invalid email format.
All the fields are required!
An error occurred. Please try again later.
Do you have any questions about this course?ENQUIRE
PRINT THIS PAGE
SEND VIA EMAIL