There has been a dramatic change in the way that we do business with rapid advances in technology and the breaking down of global and traditional industry barriers. Strategic procurement is a complex process, which has the potential to provide many benefits to the organization in the form of lower costs, higher quality, improved customer satisfaction and improved supplier performance.
Procurement teams used to be seen as about processing paperwork, but it is now understood that they are key to ensuring that the whole organisation has the right equipment and services, has costs under control, and can deliver the right Quality and Added Value. This requires teams with a complete set of Strategic Skills and appropriate Management approaches, who know where and how they can add value to their organisations. This EuroMaTech training course explores all the skills need by Professional Purchasers and Procurement Personnel, and helps delegates to practice and refine their skills in a no risk environment.
Participants will develop the following competencies:
- Strategically focused job descriptions for buyers
- Select the right purchasing approach for each purchase
- Select suppliers for short and long term success
- Increased skill sets in strategic sourcing
- Manage suppliers
- Negotiate with suppliers
- Manage cross-functional purchasing approaches
- Greater abilities in leading continuous improvement programmes