An Intensive 5-Day Training Course
Strategic Project Management
Preparing Yourself and Your Organisation for Delivering Effective Projects
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: KHDA,
|01 - 05 May 2023||London||US $ 5950||Enroll now|
|20 - 24 Aug 2023||Bahrain||US $ 5950||Enroll now|
|04 - 08 Dec 2023||London||US $ 5950||Enroll now|
|17 - 21 Dec 2023||Riyadh||US $ 5950||Enroll now|
How consistently successful are your organisation’s projects? Most organisations are recognising projects as not only the vehicle for delivering new products and services, process / system changes etc, but also for more strategic changes of vision, mission and culture. The all-pervading need for innovative approaches to organisational performance, whether to solve existing problems, meet changing needs or harness opportunities demands a more strategic, widespread and consistent application of a project-focused approach. This training course explores key issues of culture, structure and governance that need to be considered and developed to promote highly effective delivery of strategic change and other projects.
Participants attending the Strategic Project Management training course will develop the following competencies:
- A ‘mind-set’ for engaging with projects more effectively
- Promoting effective organisational structure and culture
- Promoting a culture to support and deliver change
- Ensuring effective project governance
This EuroMaTech training course aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Understand what project management is really about
- Explain the features and benefits of effective project management
- Analyse organisational structure and culture
- Describe key elements of project governance
- Propose organisational changes to enhance change strategy
This training course will combine presentations with interactive discussions, practical exercises and activities. Delegates will be encouraged to participate actively in relating the principles of strategic project management to the particular needs of their workplace.
The Strategic Project Management training course covers essential topics to fully understand the strategic role of projects in organizational life. It enables you to develop the knowledge, skills and competencies needed to create and sustain effective project management across the organisation. It also equips you for playing a strategic role in individual projects, in the role of Project Sponsor.
Day 1 : Introduction to Project Management
- Why do we do projects?
- Effective project management – features and benefits
- Programme and Portfolio management
- Pros and cons of different organisational structures
- The facets of an effective project management culture
- Key elements of project governance
Day 2 : Project Initiation
- Project selection and prioritisation
- Feasibility Studies
- Project financial justification – non-discounted and discounted techniques
- Preparing a project Business Plan
- Identifying and prioritising project stakeholders
- Developing the Project Charter
Day 3 : Project Planning and Control
- The 10 Project Management Knowledge Areas
- Work Breakdown Structures and their uses
- Creating the project schedule
- Project estimating
- Project Monitoring and Control
- Project reporting
Day 4 : Project Risk Management and Project Closure
- What do we mean by Risk?
- Risk Identification
- Risk Analysis Approaches – Qualitative and quantitative techniques
- Risk Management Strategies
- Contingency and management reserves
- Project Closure and Evaluation
Day 5 : Implementing a Strategy for the Management of Projects
- Designing a project methodology
- Defining project roles and responsibilities
- How to be a great Project Sponsor
- Identifying project management and control systems
- Developing proposals for organisational change
- Securing a project mind-set and making a commitment to action
CALL ME BACK
Thanks for completing the form. Our training solutions specialist shall be in touch with you shortly
You need to accept the terms & conditions in order to proceed ahead.
Invalid email format.
All the fields are required!
An error occurred. Please try again later.
Do you have any questions about this course?ENQUIRE
PRINT THIS PAGE
SEND VIA EMAIL
Do you wish for us to conduct this course at your premises?
Request for In-house
Discover In-House Solutions
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.