Strategic management is emerging as a major new competency in public sector activity. Public sector managers are now being asked to execute and measure performance improvement in ways that have so far been adopted only in private sector organisations. This is the reason why our new specialist course “Strategic Management in the Public Sector” has been developed.
The focus of this EuroMaTech training course is on the actions required to achieve effective implementation of strategic plans. This will include detailed presentation and discussion of contemporary leading-edge approaches to strategic management, showing how standard systems should be modified for the specific context of a public sector organisation. The emphasis will be on achieving and sustaining world-class performance at the strategic level in the activities of all types of organisation that operate across the public sector. This will deliver ideas and guidelines that will enable public sector managers and specialists to make a strong impact on the performance and potential of their organisation.
Participants attending the Strategic Management in the Public Sector training course will develop the following competencies:
- Designing a highly focused agile 21st century organisation
- Effective leadership of multi-specialist cross-cultural teams
- Communicating strategic decisions clearly in a rapidly changing environment
- Controlling business operations in fast-moving situations
- Coaching and mentoring teams for outstanding performance