An Intensive 5-Day Training Course
Achieving Consensus for Successful Project Execution
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: KHDA,
|29 May - 02 Jun 2023||Dubai||US $ 5950||Enroll now|
|11 - 15 Sep 2023||Istanbul||US $ 5950||Enroll now|
|09 - 13 Oct 2023||Dubai||US $ 5950||Enroll now|
Influencing, convincing and persuading all of the internal and external stakeholders such as client, contractors, consultants, vendors, teams are essential and critical for successful project and business as usual execution. It is a relationship game. Securing the buy-in of individuals confidently, skilfully and competently where you don’t have direct authority and control can support a drive for operational excellence and business continuity. Tricky, challenging, demanding and complicated stakeholders could be driving the mission critical decisions. So managing effectively and navigating successfully the complex relationship between these stakeholders are essential for any business and project professionals.
Often stakeholders tend to bring in their own interest with hidden agendas, so normalizing the differences and achieving consensus for seamless are extremely crucial. The strategic project professional uses the views, interest and attitudes of stakeholders to shape a project at an early stage, keeping support throughout the lifecycle of their project and improving project deliverables down the line. Stakeholders Management is an essential skill set used frequently in meetings, business negotiations and when developing and communicating the business case for a new initiative.
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.
By the end of this Stakeholders Management training course, participants should be able to:
- Understand stakeholder needs
- Understand how stakeholders impact your project
- Know how to deal with multiple stakeholders with divergent interests
- Understand how to manage stakeholder expectations, including quality and performance expectations
- Understand the need to communicate your strategy to the project team, the customer, and other project stakeholders
- Resolve conflict and competing priorities
- Manage project public relations and organisational politics
- Contain expectations through effective status reporting and progress meetings
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Any Professionals / Teams involved in Projects and Business as usual Negotiators and Consultants
- Functional Team
- Project Professionals / Team
- Commercial Team
- Strategic Decision Makers / Executives involved in Decision Making
- Supply Chain Executives / Professionals
- Sales and Marketing Team
This EuroMaTech training course will be delivered by probing and investigating range of practical case studies and context, class exercises, team working and presentation, production of stakeholder management plan and strategies to handle tricky, difficult and complex stakeholders’ relationships, video, applying stakeholders’ management instruments, tools and techniques including rapid response assessment based on various situational analysis and choice of resolution strategies / plans.
Building consensus, properly managing stakeholder expectations, and translating a concept or initiative into a range of viable options for achieving organisational goals are all critical competencies for today’s project managers. One of the most critical aspects of project management is doing what’s necessary to develop and control relationships with all individuals that the project impacts. This course will take the delegates through the techniques for identifying stakeholders, analyzing their influence on the project, and developing strategies to communicate, set boundaries, and manage competing expectations.
Stakeholder management is critical to the success of every project in every organization. By engaging the right people in the right way in your project, you can make a big difference to its success. By successfully managing your stakeholders, you will be better able to keep a lid on scope creep, ensure project requirements are aligned, understand tolerance for risk, and mitigate issues that would otherwise delay the project. Good stakeholder management is a testimony to your influence in an organization, and a key component to a healthy project environment.
A key factor in the success of a project is managing stakeholder needs, wants and expectations. During this practical course you’ll learn how to identify key stakeholders and define their roles, establish how committed are they to the project, align and prioritise stakeholder requirements to business and organisational objectives, and gain ‘buy-in’.
Day 1 : Understanding the Rules of Engagement and Navigating the Stakeholders Relationship Game
- Identification and categorisation of stakeholders
- Understanding stakeholder expectations
- The role of management in the stakeholder environment
- Evaluation and prioritisation of interests
- Determination of relevance of stakeholders
- Prioritising Stakeholders
- Visualising the stakeholder community
- Stakeholder requirements analysis
Day 2 : Managing Competing Stakeholders Expectations and Normalizing the Differences
- Stakeholder mapping
- How committed are they to the project?
- What makes them tick?
- Aligning stakeholder requirements to business and organisational objectives
- Prioritising stakeholder requirements and expectation
- Selling the project
- Maintaining the commitment
- Working with resistance for positive outcomes
Day 3 : Relationship Building with the Stakeholders and Achieving Consensus
- The science and art of communicating effectively
- Common communications barriers and “filters”
- Dealing with organisation politics
- Managing external stakeholders such as suppliers, regulators and the public
- Selecting communication methodologies to get your messages across
- Managing difficult stakeholders
- Managing expectations that can’t be met
- Resolving conflict
Day 4 : Strategies for Confidently, Competently and Skilfully Influencing, Persuading and Negotiating with Stakeholders
- Who to influence?
- The Elements of Influence
- Different types of influencing strategies
- Push and pull type behaviours
- Tools, skills and behaviours of effective influencing
- Engage stakeholders: building the relationship
- Stakeholder participation and engagement
- Road map to successful influencing
Day 5 : Stakeholders Rapport Management and Maintaining Execution Harmony
- Use of position, knowledge, or personal power
- Developing rapport
- Personality preferences
- Achieving and maintaining commitment
- Recognising manipulation and taking positive action
- Establishing and maintaining trust
- Dealing with Challenging Behaviours
- Converting confrontation into cooperation
CALL ME BACK
Thanks for completing the form. Our training solutions specialist shall be in touch with you shortly
You need to accept the terms & conditions in order to proceed ahead.
Invalid email format.
All the fields are required!
An error occurred. Please try again later.
Do you have any questions about this course?ENQUIRE
PRINT THIS PAGE
SEND VIA EMAIL