In simultaneous operations (SIMOPS), independent operation may impact the safety of personnel, equipment, and environment of another operation. SIMOPS requirements include hazard identification and risk mitigation and/or safety impact when planning SIMOPS work activities to be taking place simultaneously in the same location. These operations can be offshore, i.e. subsea oil and gas production, or onshore, i.e. oil and gas marine terminals during expansion or major maintenance work within a “live” process area of existing facility. SIMOPS also refer to steps taken during the construction, commissioning, start-up and operation of any onshore Oil & Gas Processing Plant.
This EuroMaTech training course will focus on the strengths of creating and implementing SIMOPS plans and activities for organization regarding onshore and offshore projects. Consequences of not including them, such as costly delays or serious harm or injury to onshore/ off shore oil and gas installations and personnel, will also be explained. The training course will include several workshops with solving real problems from everyday practice.
Participants on the SIMOPS training course will develop the following competencies:
- Full confidence in dealing with various aspects of SIMOPS
- Effective communication necessary for making SIMPOS efficient and working smoothly
- Development of risk mitigation measures in case of simultaneous hazardous activities
- Help your technical team find good solutions in complex operational situations
- Organization of effective working teams with clear roles and responsibilities