Reservoir simulation is the main tool used for making any investment decisions in any field development plan. It is an area in which computer applications and models are used to define the reservoir performance and expected production. Simply, reservoir simulation is used to identify any opportunity to increase oil or gas production.
This highly interactive EuroMaTech training course is outlined to help and support the non-reservoir engineers with the basic features of reservoir simulation engineering. The seminar illustrates gradually from the basic concepts of reservoir simulation and up to the special topics used for the simulation practices. Participants will have valuable knowledge on the role of reservoir simulation engineer and the way to conduct a simulation study. Furthermore, the training course covers the importance of reservoir simulation in a company and overall oil industry and highlights the benefits of conducting a simulation study.
Participants on the Reservoir Simulation Fundamentals for Non-Specialists training course will develop their knowledge on the following key points:
- Definitions of reservoir and reservoir simulation engineering
- Role of reservoir simulation engineer
- Importance of reservoir simulation
- Basic concepts of reservoir simulation
- Key factors to run a reservoir simulation study
- Some special topics in reservoir simulation (e.g. Enhanced Oil Recovery)
- Different actual field case studies