An Intensive 5-Day Training Course
A Key to Project Success
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: KHDA,
|23 - 27 Oct 2023||London - UK||US $ 5950||Enroll now|
|18 - 22 Mar 2024||London - UK||US $ 5950||Enroll now|
|21 - 25 Oct 2024||London - UK||US $ 5950||Enroll now|
Managing project scope, gathering requirements, and meeting customers’ expectations are a major part of a project manager’s work. Weaknesses and deficiencies in the scope definition process - including incomplete or poorly executed stakeholder analysis, and mishandled communication - can lead to unnecessary and costly changes, rework, and even project failures.
As a key part of the triple constraints, scope is often the most challenging constraint to manage. As a project progresses "scope creep" often occurs due to the lack of management of the constant changes. Customers' needs, the project sponsor's needs, and other stakeholders’ needs often are in conflict. Learn how to achieve project success by mastering requirements definition and scope control.
This EuroMaTech training course on Requirements Management training course aims to help participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Determine the business needs that drive a project
- Define the difference between product scope and project scope
- Determine how a project integrates with the overall operations of an organization
- Identify and apply appropriate quality requirements
- Define the inputs, outputs, and tools and techniques of the scope management processes
- Identify and apply the proper methodology to effectively define the scope of a project and determine macro risks
- Understand the ways of dealing with changes to the project scope
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure to define scope
- Be able to properly verify the project scope
- Determine how to control the project scope during the execution phase of the project
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- For project team members, team leaders, business analysts, project managers, program managers, PMO managers, program or project directors, sponsors, and any persons functioning in a project environment
- Participants responsible for all types of projects, from construction to new product development to information technology, will take home tools and techniques to put to immediate use
Requirements Management training course participants will participate in group exercises, integrated case studies, training videos and discussion of “real life” issues in their organizations that will enable them to learn the skills needed to properly manage the scope of a project.
This EuroMaTech training course on Requirements Management covers the essential skills for managing project scope, gathering requirements, and meeting customers’ expectations that are necessary for effective delivery of projects.
DAY 1 - Introduction to Project Scope
- Defining common terminology for your organization and projects
- Organizing project definition and scope across the project lifecycle
- Steps in the requirements management process
- Developing a scope management process for your organization’s projects
- Identifying environmental issues, enterprise environment factors (EEFs) and organizational process assets (OPAs)
- Fixed and evolving requirements
- Identifying and deploying tools and techniques to overcome organizational barriers to successful scope definition, execution, and acceptance
- Effective listening skills needed for requirements gathering and definition
- Listening vs. hearing
- Causes of people "tuning-out"
- Communication Realities
- Listening approaches
- The Function of Listening
DAY 2 - Developing the Business Case and Project Charter
- Aligning your project with organizational objectives
- Stakeholder identification and categorisation
- Communication plan
- Risk factors
- Determining how to identify and prioritize stakeholders’ needs
- Reconciling multiple views
- Consideration of legal and market risks
- Relationship management process
- Handling difficult stakeholders
- Determining the financial benefits of a project
- Developing a business case for a project
- Obtaining project acceptance from key stakeholders
DAY 3 - Project Scope Planning and Definition
- Building a complete project scope statement
- Creating a scope management plan
- What is a requirement?
- Constraints and assumptions
- Project Boundaries
- Converting stakeholders’ objectives into project requirements
- Functional vs. non-functional requirements
- What makes a “good” requirement?
- Business requirements vs. technical requirements
- Prioritizing requirements
- Developing a WBS
- WBS elements
- WBS structures
- WBS Template
- Code of accounts
- WBS dictionary
- Using “Displayed Thinking”
- Other tools
- Activity Diagram
- Block/Swimlane Workflow Diagram
- Cause & Effect Diagram
- Decision Tree Analysis
DAY 4 - Project Scope Validation and Verification
- Embedding quality directly into the project
- Incorporating quality throughout the project
- Creating stable verification standards
- Conducting peer reviews
- Identifying scope testing and evaluation techniques
- Conducting product verification and validation
- Managing deliverables
- Conduction inspections and testing
- Accepting deliverables
- Dealing with requested changes
- Dealing with recommended corrective actions
DAY 5 - Project Scope Control
- Identifying and managing changes to the project scope
- Establishing a formal authorization process for scope changes
- Establish business criteria for change control
- Managing the change control system
- Addressing political and cultural issues regarding project scope changes
- Performance reporting
- Implementing approved change requests
- Gathering and disseminating work performance information
- Measuring and managing variance
- Configuration management
- Obtaining final product acceptance
- Closing a project
CALL ME BACK
Thanks for completing the form. Our training solutions specialist shall be in touch with you shortly
You need to accept the terms & conditions in order to proceed ahead.
Invalid email format.
All the fields are required!
An error occurred. Please try again later.
Do you have any questions about this course?ENQUIRE
PRINT THIS PAGE
SEND VIA EMAIL
Do you wish for us to conduct this course at your premises?
Request for In-house
Discover In-House Solutions
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.