An Intensive 5-Day Training Course
Recruitment, Selection and Retention:
Creating a Highly Competent Motivated Workforce
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: HRCI Accredited, KHDA,
This EuroMaTech training course is aimed at ensuring the successful delivery of Recruitment and Selection projects / campaigns, which can appear to be very resource hungry and time consuming.
International companies have found to their cost that inappropriate Recruitment and Selection decisions can create significant problems for the business and the individual. There is empirical evidence that employing the latest Recruitment and Selection techniques will, without a doubt, significantly increase the likelihood of recruiting the best candidates possible.
The Recruitment, Selection & Retention training course will examine real life case studies and examples of the latest techniques, the use of social media, competencies, psychometric testing and behavioural interviewing along with other supporting methodologies and examine the benefits and pitfalls at each step. The training is also designed to transform your approach and competence in recruitment and selection, or career development and appraisal situations.
This activity has been pre-approved by the Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI). Participants attending this training session are entitled to receive: 25 General Recertification Credit Hours. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.
- To examine leading edge techniques and develop skill practice in various behavioural based approaches to Recruitment and Selection
- Discuss potential outcomes and consequences when employing a variety of approaches including social media techniques to recruitment and selection
- Consider a variety of techniques and methodologies to differentiate the excellent from ‘the average’ candidate using competency frameworks
- Explore the appropriate use of various psychometric tests including both general ability and personality tests.
- When to use Myers Briggs (MBTI), Review SHL’s OPQ 32 reporting material including feedback on personality questionnaires
- Understand the benefits and use of assessment and development centre approaches to test candidates against future job requirements
- Examine various Emotional Intelligence (EI) tools to test the potential of the candidate(s) including Daniel Goleman’s research and theory
- Develop your influencing skills by making persuasive presentations of key requirements in planning recruitment / selection campaigns
- Practice all the techniques to achieve understanding and competence in a friendly and supportive environment
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Senior HR Managers who have the overall responsibility for recruitment and selection in their respective organisations
- Senior Line Managers involved in assessing job requirements, performance issues and developing competency in members of staff
- Line managers who from time to time assess candidates during the recruitment process
- Professionals whose key accountability is in the provision and development of key members of staff
- Recruitment Consultants who are involved on an ongoing or everyday basis
- Coordinators who are responsible for managing all of the resources during the recruitment process
Delegates will learn and develop competence by a combination of mini case studies, use of course material, practical exercises, and role play opportunities. There will be adequate provision made to share real life issues and experience back in their organisations either in general session or individually with the programme leader.
This EuroMaTech Recruitment, Selection & Retention training course develops the essential skills, knowledge and methodologies to successfully perform recruitment and selection assessment. The training then explores the individual competence of the decision makers and how to influence them to change their approach to recruitment and selection by constructing objective information and presentations.
Day 1: The Relationship Between Competencies and Recruitment the Process
- Introductions, programme objectives and ways of working
- The key elements, competencies and person specification
- The five types of interview styles
- The principles of conducting a targeted interview
Day 2: Interviewing in Action and Understanding the Implications of the Outcomes
- Developing rules of evidence for assessment
- Coding example 1 - The rules of coding + syndicate exercise
- Interview process and practice session 1
- Targeted interview and practice session 2
Day 3: Psychological Test Data in the Recruitment Process
- Coding example 2 + syndicate exercise
- Examining the results including standardisation and drawing conclusions - syndicate exercise
- Review of psychometric tests available in the selection and recruitment process
- Analyse and complete the MBTI Personality Questionnaire
- The increasing use of Emotional Intelligence in the Recruitment process - Daniel Goleman’s model
- Additional insights into personality profiling including case study
- Administration and guidelines for the use of psychometric testing
Day 4: Dealing with Recruitment Findings, Drawing Conclusions, and Feedback
- Application of psychometric tests including use of a type indicator (MBTI) and putting feedback into context
- Best fit analysis and demonstration
- The four scales, what do they mean? – syndicate exercises
- Recruitment and selection - relationship with the development process
Day 5: Finding the Best Candidates using Creative Methods and Techniques
- The latest techniques in advertising for vacancies. The use of the internet and social media techniques - syndicate exercise
- How to short list, avoiding bias and lots of hard work
- Examination of an assessment centre approach - training of the assessors
- Deciding on the tools and techniques to use in the assessment and what are the consequences
- The resources required in order to run a successful recruitment or selection process
CALL ME BACK
Thanks for completing the form. Our training solutions specialist shall be in touch with you shortly
You need to accept the terms & conditions in order to proceed ahead.
Invalid email format.
All the fields are required!
An error occurred. Please try again later.
Do you have any questions about this course?ENQUIRE
PRINT THIS PAGE
SEND VIA EMAIL