With over a million organizations worldwide certified to the ISO 9001 quality management systems standard, no organisation can afford to pay the price of not recognizing that managing quality assurance and control are essential requirements for those producing and selling goods and services. The essence of quality management is processes, people, management system and performance evaluation and the revised ISO 9001:2015 is a significant change to the earlier version in addressing the key items that need to be addressed in your quality system. Those organizations that are making the transition to the new standard need to fully understand the differences and what is required particularly on context, interested parties, leadership and risk based thinking.
The ISO 9001 quality management system formalizes specific techniques for process monitoring, control, measurement and improvement. Internal and third party auditing provide assurance that systems are maintained and improved. Participants on this EuroMaTech training course will learn about:
- The new ISO high level structure and the resulting changes in the new ISO 9001:2015
- Transition from the previous standard, ISO 9001:2008
- Design and monitoring of controls
- The process approach and process improvement
- The benefits of establishing and maintaining an effective internal audit programme