This EuroMaTech online training course is designed to provide participants with the skills to understand how protection systems work, what type of protection is required for specific equipment and how it is applied in medium to large power generation and distribution systems, particularly in the oil & gas, mining and minerals processing and heavy industries.
This Protective Control Relay Systems and Automation online training course will also enable the participants to understand how modern protection and control relays are utilised as part of power system and substation automation.
This EuroMaTech online training course is interactive and encourages delegates to participate through questions and answers, along with opportunities to discuss with the presenter specific issues which may result in appropriate solutions. Participants will learn:
- How Protection Systems work in Major Power Systems
- The Types of Faults that can occur
- How to read and analyze Power System Protection and Control Diagrams
- The Basics of Fault Calculations and The Software used to determine them
- How to Analyze Faults using data Collected by Protection and Control Relays
- Selectivity and Sensitivity in Protection and Control Relays
- Intelligent Electronic Devices (IEDs) In Modern Power Systems
- What Power System and Substation Automation is
- How Protection and Control Relays and IEDs are integral to these functions