An Intensive 5-Day Training Course
Project Leadership Best Practices Post COVID-19
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
2020 - 2021 have been challenging years due to the pandemic. Every human on earth has been impacted in some way and made to think differently in how to live and behave. As a direct consequence, business and community cultures have changed. This 5 day Project Management training course focuses on re-emphasizing the importance of leading projects in traditional processes, tools and techniques, adapting them for the post pandemic world. With the benefit of pandemic hindsight, lessons learned are incorporated with a check, with realism.
Understanding organisational Vision, Mission and Strategy forms the backbone of any project leaders tactical approach to delivering a project. Projects are given the go ahead to proceed based on early, high level conceptual estimates. Estimates will have a level of uncertainty and require more leadership for detailed cash flow projections and schedule forecasts. In these tough times, workers maybe on site using distancing rules or working from home. Whichever, attention will be on how the project work is progressing, and if the team are working safely and delivering, safely, within projections.
Participants will develop the following competencies:
- Be able to promote projects to deliver a specific part of the organisation strategy to stakeholders
- Fully understand the leadership role and responsibilities of the project manager, sponsor and team
- Agreeing success criteria and key performance criteria for the project with key people, ensuring a balanced, objective outcome
- Ask insightful questions and be able to answer the ‘what, who, why, when, where, how, how much & what if’ of the project
- How to set meaningful SMART plans for project teams that will drive delivery performance, growth and fulfilment whilst generating honest reporting of project achievement.