Process engineering (also referred to as chemical engineering) is at the heart of much of the chemical, oil, gas, and petrochemical industries. The process (chemical) engineer is interested in the transportation and transformation of solids, liquids and gases, but must also be familiar with many of the other engineering disciplines including mechanical, electrical and instrumentation. Of specific importance are separation processes including distillation, heat transfer, hydraulics and fluid flow, reaction engineering, but also process control and economics. These are the fundamental principles of process engineering.
This programme considers the areas of process engineering that are most commonly encountered, and will provide an understanding of the fundamentals to the non-specialist, and a refresher to practising engineers, with examples that will be drawn from a range of process industries including oil and gas processing, petrochemicals, chemical manufacturing.
In this programme you will:
- Learn to interpret flowsheets and process flow diagrams
- Develop and understand mass and energy balances in process design
- Learn about fluid flow, pumps and compressors, and mixing
- Discuss heat transfer equipment and their design, including heat exchangers
- Understand distillation and separations used in oil and gas processing
- Discuss effluent minimisation and treatment
- Learn how to control processes
- Perform a basic economic analysis of a project
- Understand the safety and environmental responsibility on process engineers
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.