Process engineering (also referred to as chemical engineering) is at the heart of much of the chemical, oil, gas, and petrochemical industries. The process (chemical) engineer is interested in the transportation and transformation of solids, liquids and gases, but must also be familiar with many of the other engineering disciplines including mechanical, electrical and instrumentation. Of specific importance are separation processes including distillation, heat transfer, hydraulics and fluid flow, reaction engineering, but also process control and economics. These are the fundamental principles of process engineering.
This online training course considers the areas of process engineering that are most commonly encountered, and will provide an understanding of the fundamentals to the non-specialist, and a refresher to practising engineers, with examples that will be drawn from a range of process industries including oil and gas processing, petrochemicals, chemical manufacturing.
In this EuroMaTech online training course, you will:
- Learn to interpret flowsheets and process flow diagrams
- Develop and understand mass and energy balances in process design
- Learn about fluid flow, pumps and compressors, and mixing
- Discuss heat transfer equipment and their design, including heat exchangers
- Understand distillation and separations used in oil and gas processing
- Discuss effluent minimisation and treatment
- Learn how to control processes
- Perform a basic economic analysis of a project
- Understand the safety and environmental responsibility on process engineers