An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Private: Pumps, Compressors and Turbines:
Operation, Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
The programme will focus on the importance of rotating machinery such as pumps, compressors and turbines of various designs and applications, which are encountered throughout process industry, petrochemical and oil and gas industries.
The programme will start with an introduction to liquid and gas systems including pressure and head, capacity and flow, friction head losses & operational dynamics. Centrifugal and positive-displacement pumps, compressors and turbines, will all be introduced, together with their main construction and parts.
The application of the different types of pumps, compressors and turbines will be discussed along with their suitability for different operational duties. Operation, troubleshooting and maintenance will also be dealt with.
The key highlights of the programme are:
- Solid knowledge of basic principles of fluid flow
- Optimisation of the operation and maintenance of different types of pumps, compressors and turbines
- Confidence to troubleshoot problems related to pumps compressors and turbines, thereby avoiding repetitive failures
- Allow tighter control of maintenance budgets by the avoidance of unplanned equipment failures in service
- Have an understanding of relevant fluid laws and the different types of pumps and their associated terminology
- Have an understanding of Centrifugal and positive displacement pumps and compressors, and their related components
- Know how to calculate and use pump performance curves and pumping system requirements and have an understanding of different parameters affecting thier operation
- Be able to operate pumps and compressors as close as possible to the design efficiency
- Know the different types and major components of turbines
- Understand the working principles and characteristics of turbines and know the major components
- Have the ability to perform troubleshooting of systems involving pumps, compressors and turbines
- Have learnt about selection, operation and maintenance strategies
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Technicians and Operators
- Graduate Engineers
- Mechanical and Process engineers
- Plant engineers responsible for operations, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Maintenance and Instrumentation Professionals
- Technologists and Facility Operators
- Supervisors, Team and Project Leaders
The programme will also of benefit anyone who wishes to update themselves on pump, compressor and turbine technology, judge the suitability of different types of pumps, compressors and turbines for their needs, and learn how to operate and maintain them for the benefit of their organisations.
The programme will be conducted along workshop principles with formal lectures, computer simulation, relevant videos, case studies and interactive worked examples. Relevant case studies will be provided to illustrate the application of each tool in an operations environment. Each learning point will be re-enforced with practical exercises. There will be ample opportunities for discussion and sharing experiences. Hard and soft copies of the programme manual will be presented to each delegate.
The knowledge gained in this programme will provide better understanding of pumps, compressors and turbines in complex operating conditions. The delegates will be able to develop a proactive maintenance system which will allow better inspection, control and monitoring with the goal of avoiding unplanned equipment failures and maximising compressor and turbine availability and reliability.
This programme will give the delegate the required level of technical knowledge and skill to achieve that personal satisfaction.
- Understanding of reciprocating and rotating equipment operating and maintenance techniques
- Ability to put in place measures to quantify equipment condition
- Interface with pump, compressor and turbine equipment providers
- Identify and specify new and replacement pumps, compressors and turbines
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot rotating equipment
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.