An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Private: Professional Purchasing Skills:
Purchasing Management Masterclass
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
Purchasing is a vital area for modern business, and increasingly is the difference between successful and failed organisations. Purchasing and Buying teams used to be seen as about processing paperwork, but it is now understood that they are key to ensuring that the whole organisation has the right equipment and services, has costs under control, and can deliver the right Quality and Added Value. This requires teams with a complete set of Professional Purchasing Skills and appropriate Management approaches, who know where and how they can add value to their organisations. This workshop explores all the skills need by Professional Purchasers and Purchasing Managers, and helps delegates to practice and refine their skills in a no risk environment.
Participants will develop the following competencies:
- Match their activities to the needs of the organisation
- Select the right purchasing approach for each purchase
- Write appropriate invitations to Tender
- Select suppliers for short and long term success
- Manage suppliers
- Negotiate with suppliers
- Manage cross-functional purchasing approaches
- Measure and Improve Purchasing Performance
This programme aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Understand the role of Professional Purchasers
- Learn about and practice the key skills Purchasers need to have
- The essential requirements for Purchasing Management
- Team structures and roles
- The benefits of improved purchasing
- Implementing changes within the team and with other departments
- Strategies and tactics for improved buying
- The uses of tendering, negotiation and other approaches
- Measuring and Improving Purchasing Performance
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Professionals working in Procurement, Purchasing or Buying
- Buyers in Public, military and government organisations
- Buyers working for private companies
- Managers of Purchasing sections
- Users and Technical Specifiers
- Project personnel working with contractors
- Purchasing Managers in business, government and the military
- Professionals in Contracting or other roles who wish to understand purchasing and improve the interaction with their function
Participants will learn by active participation during the programme through the use of programme materials, exercises, role playing, video presentations and discussions on “real life” issues in their own and each other’s organizations.
The main goal of this programme is to provide participants with an intensive grounding in the theory and practice of modern Purchasing and Purchasing Management. The programme has been designed to cover an array of essential Purchasing and Management skills while focusing on those that are most critical to personal and business success. The emphasis of the programme will be on the most powerful methods and proven techniques for improving personal effectiveness.
Delegates will leave the programme with new ideas and processes that they can implement immediately with a confidence in their own skills.
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.