An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Private: Process Operation Safety Technology
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
The complexity of modern process technological systems, coupled with tight process limit makes failure analysis a difficult task. There is an increased awareness that risk management impacts every aspect of process operation. Modern International Standards highlights the crucial role of risk assessment for the design and reliability of process machinery and protective systems
The overall objective is to ensure that delegates are familiar with the concept of reliability, root-cause and failure analysis. The programme has been designed to enable delegates upon completion to be able to:
- Apply the concept of reliability technology for failure analysis and to calculate reliability of systems
- Design and calculate the reliability of control and protective systems
- Assess the adequacy of High Integrity Protective Systems ‘HIPS’
- Select the appropriate Safety Integrity Levels ‘SIL’s for protective and safety systems in accordance with IEC 61508
Ensure consistent optimization of resource allocation for production, maintenance and safety, based on risk and cost-benefit analysis
- Familiar with risk assessment techniques to new projects and existing machinery/systems
- Apply Fault Tree Analysis as a risk assessment, fault diagnosis and root-cause analysis tool
- Recognize relevant International Standards for risk assessment and safety of machinery
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Safety Engineers
- Maintenance Engineers
- Control/Instrumentation Specialists
- Mechanical Engineers
- Electrical Engineers
- Process Specialists
This programme is intended to updated participants with the most relevant up-to-date EU and International Standards in the field of Safety Technology. It aims to sharpen delegates skills in analyzing hardware failures and identifying their root-causes. It also improves experience in the application of reliability technology for the selection of appropriate Safety Integrity Levels ‘SIL’s for protective and safety systems in accordance with IEC 61508.
- Organisational Impact
Professional development of staff; the organisation should be able to prevent accidents and minimise losses through improved reliability and safety
Awareness of tried and tested International practical principles to make quantifiable decisions to assist in evaluating risks from engineering options.
Enable the delegate to apply the principles of safety engineering and risk assessment back at his or her workplace by putting into practice the practical knowledge gained from the programme
- Ensure that modern International Safety Standards are implemented in new projects
- Personal Impact
- Promotes a proactive attitude within the individual to failure and hazazrd analysis
- Introduce the proactive concept and benefits of safety engineering and hazard / risk assessment analysis
Help to recognise the range of the key factors to be considered in the process of minimizing failures and equipment down-time
- Introduce the delegate to the methods and techniques for evaluation hazards across a variety of industry sectors
- Enlighten the delegate to the importance of continued learning from incidents and root-causes for failures
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.