An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Private: Optimising Working Capital Levels to Manage an Economic Downturn
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
Insufficient attention to the management of working capital (WC) and more specifically the working capital requirement (WCR) elements of inventory, receivables, and payables is very much to the detriment of all organisations. This may be particularly acute during an economic downturn as customers find it more difficult to adhere to their payment terms, vendors press for even earlier settlement and inventory levels start to rise as demand falls away and activity levels are reduced.
This interactive and user-friendly programme will develop your understanding of working capital (WC) and the working capital requirement (WCR). It will emphasise the importance as a source of finance, and the ways in which improved management of the working capital requirement (WCR) and optimisation of levels of WC provide organisations with significant benefits in terms of not only cash flow but also profitability.
This programme will highlight:
- The importance of financial accounting and the recording and classification of transactions
- The three key financial statements and their links with working capital
- Working capital as an element of the capital employed by an organisation
- The relationship between working capital (WC) and working capital requirement (WCR)
- Analysis and control of levels of working capital requirement (WCR)
By the end of this programme, participants will have learned how to:
- Use professional judgement in the valuation of assets and liabilities and assess their impact on profitability
- Interpret the three key financial statements: income statement; balance sheet; statement of cash flows and their relationships with working capital
- Measure the operating cycle and areas for improvement
- Identify the impact of improvements in working capital on cash flow and profitability
- Use financial analysis to evaluate working capital levels and liquidity
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This programme is suitable for a wide range of personnel from companies, corporations and governmental organisations. In addition to anyone working in the finance, accounting, and treasury departments, this programme will greatly benefit those working in:
- General management
- Sales and marketing
And any other financial and non-financial personnel that need or wish to understand how working capital may be optimised.
This programme provides a thorough training in the management of working capital in a hands-on way to suit individuals with varying levels of financial knowledge and experience. It will be conducted along workshop principles with formal presentations, numerous worked examples, and real-world experiences and scenarios. Group discussion will promote the exchange of experiences and ideas.
Interactive team case studies and exercises reinforce the application of each of the learning points and topics covered. These are supported with the help and advice of your Instructor and his extensive practical experience and knowledge of working capital management. Difficult mathematical concepts are minimised wherever possible and handled in a visual way that is easy to understand – our aim is for this to be an enjoyable learning experience.
Participants in this programme will greatly improve their understanding of working capital (WC) and working capital requirement (WCR), and will provide benefits for their organisation through the enhanced knowledge and set of skills that they will take back to the workplace:
- Interpretation of the income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows and what the financial statements are telling us about working capital
- An appreciation of how working capital represents an element of the organisations capital employed
- Use of appropriate tools and techniques of financial analysis to interpret the financial statements and evaluate working capital performance, and to identify problem areas
- Identify areas in which improvements may be made to levels of inventories, receivables, and payables, and how working capital optimisation can result in increased cash flow and profitability
- An exchange of ideas and knowledge with other professionals, and the increased confidence gained to be able to deal with new situations
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.