An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Private: Laboratory Safety, Risk Assessment and Hazard Control Measures
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
Laboratories can be dangerous places, with a vast array of potential hazards available to cause harm. This course examines not only how harm can be caused, but also how people and organisations can be protected from that harm by the appropriate use of Control Measures arrived at through the process of Risk Assessment. In this programme you will consider:
- The Principles of Health and Safety and the role of the Risk Assessment process
- Chemical and Biological Safety
- Fire and explosion safety in the laboratory environment
- Equipment and Process risks and control measures
- Laboratory Good Practice
- Understand the hazards associated with laboratories
- Examine the Control Measures that be used to protect from these hazards
- Understand the Principles and the Practice of Risk Assessment
- Review the ethical considerations of management
- Manage the risks associated with Laboratories
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Research and Development Professionals and Laboratory Personnel who desire to improve the management of health and safety in their laboratories
- Technical professionals moving into management positions that will involve responsibility for research environments and testing laboratories and facilities
- Health and Safety professionals who want to strengthen their understanding of the hazards and control measures in this challenging area
- Those seeking to advance their careers who desire to strengthen their professional abilities
Participants will learn by active participation throughout the programme through the use of course materials, exercises, questionnaires, and discussion of worked scenarios and also of “real life” issues in their organizations.
This programme covers the essential factors for understanding and managing health and safety in the laboratory setting. The programme begins with consideration of the role of Health & Safety and the drivers that affect different organisations and people. There is an examination of the Risk Assessment process and how this is used to predict and control laboratory hazards. There is a strong focus of Chemical Safety as well as on other aspects of laboratory safety, including; Biological Safety, and the Safety associated with Laboratory Equipment and Processes. The course ends with consideration of how to implement the learning in the workplace.
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.