An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Private: Improving Performance through the Balanced Scorecard
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
A management system built around a Balanced scorecard is a proven approach to management that uses an integrated set of processes and tools to develop strategy, translate it into operational actions, then measure and improve the effectiveness of both. Improving Performance through a Balanced Scorecard will give you the information to develop new management processes for your company. Specifically, you will learn how to:
- Conduct strategic analysis and formulate strategy
- Define strategic objectives and select strategic initiatives using a strategy map
- Select measures and targets to develop a Balanced scorecard
- Improve key processes, plan resource capacity and prepare budgets
- Hold strategy reviews and operational reviews
- Conduct profitability analysis and strategy correlation analysis
This five-day programme will focus on enabling delegates, to become familiar and confident in designing and using a management system to link strategy and operations based on the Balanced Scorecard and related tools, such as strategy maps, to deliver their strategic objectives and improve operational performance.
- Develop strategy
- Translate strategy into objectives, themes and initiatives
- Select appropriate measures and targets
- Plan operations
- Hold strategy reviews using Balanced scorecard performance metrics
- Hold operational reviews using performance metrics in dashboards and financial reports
- Conduct profitability and strategy correlation analyses
- Identify improvements to strategy that will improve corporate performance
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Professionals ranging from those with little or no experience of translating strategy into operational plans through to those who have experience of strategy planning and execution, and business planning and operational management who want to challenge their current thinking and find new ideas to improve their business. The programme is targeted at:
- Senior to mid-level Executives
- Financial Officers and controllers
- Process Leaders
- Strategic Planning Professionals
The programme is based on a combination of interactive activities – group and individual exercises, case studies and discussions – along with formal inputs. You will explore the skills and knowledge needed to create and implement a management system based on a Balanced scorecard in depth through exercises and a case study. A strategic plan utilising a strategy map and Balanced scorecard together with appropriate operational measures will be developed along with a set of strategic initiatives focused on translating the strategy into action.
You will have the opportunity to review lessons learned from the programme and the case study in order to apply them to the strategy of your own organisation. Attention will be focused on creating a plan of action for you to take back to your own organisation.
This programme will create new insight the latest thinking based on twenty years of experience implementing, developing and extending the original Balanced scorecard to become the cornerstone of a strategic management system. People using the balanced scorecard do not have to rely on short-term financial measures as the sole indicators of the company’s performance. The programme provides the information you need to develop strategic management processes that can link long-term strategic objectives with short-term actions.
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.