An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Private: HAZOP Application in Process Industry
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) studies are now recognised world-wide as being the principal risk assessment methodology of choice in the Process Industries, particularly for new projacts and modification of existing plants under the Management of Change. This technique is also recommended by OSHA Regulation 29 – Process Safety Management ‘PSM’. In this programme the delegates will learn:
- Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) study methodology in accordance with best industry practice
- HAZOP team leadership
- How to apply advanced risk assessment techniques
- Mechanics of dispersion, fire, explosion and toxic releases
- Application of HAZOP to plant, processes and work activities
- Understand the concepts of Risk Assessment and Risk Management
- Understand the estimation and evaluation of risks – Qualitative, Semi-Quantitative and Quantified Risks
Techniques for Hazard Identification and Analysis – Check-Lists, Risk Profiling, HAZOP, FMEA and Task-Based Risk Assessment
- Understand HAZOP studies and their application in the process industry
- Understand the requirements of a Team Leader or Facilitator, scribe and team members during HAZOP studies
- Be able to prepare a HAZOP report
- Explain the mechanics of fire, explosion and toxic releases
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- HSE Technical personnel
- Project Engineers
- Maintenance personnel
- Process Engineers involved in design and modification
- Instrumentation and Control Engineers
Participants will learn by taking part in exercises, syndicate and group workshops, as well as looking at case studies and real life situations.
Attendees will be able to apply skills learnt from this training at a practical level to identify sources of major hazards for new projects, modification of existing processes and to prioritise decisions for their control. In addition to the professional development of staff, the organisation should be able to prioritise resources to demonstrate that process risks are adequately controlled.
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.