An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Private: Facility Security Officer
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
Facility Security Officers are professionals who work in a variety of organizations and with diverse groups of people. As such, they require the necessary skills and knowledge to enhance both personal and organizational performance. As quickly as the world and its continents change and develop, so do risks and threats of dealing with people of this world. Organizations can no longer view security departments and employees as lower level functions. In order to ensure staff in these departments function effectively within the realm of the larger organizational objectives, it is essential that security officers have skills to lead their staff and department teams and individual officers have the required skills and expertise to provide an effective response to implementing successful security.
In order to achieve a consistent level of best practice in security, the officer needs to understand the requirements of the industry, their organization and department, their team and their security projects. This comprehensive seminar is designed to equip delegates with skill, knowledge and ability to perform their duties to international standards and current best practice in security. The course is an opportunity to develop security skills that will enhance any organization or individual officers ability to handle conflict situations and security solutions. The course is structured to develop knowledge in technical security areas of roles and functions, risk assessment, legislation, health/safety, incident control and crisis management. This highly interactive and hands-on workshop is designed to empower participants to have an opportunity to learn, understand and practice techniques that make security work more efficient and effective, therefore creating conditions for productivity.
At the end of the workshop, delegates should be able to:
- Identify best practice and effective policy implementation on leading security solutions
- Effectively operate and interact with a security function
- Identify communication strategies to build more productive communications
- Understand the roles of Security Officer
- Know how to effectively diffuse and deal with conflict
- Understand special risk requirements
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The workshop will be of benefit to those who find themselves responsible for or involved with mobile or static guarding or implementing guarding security in both the public and the private sector. In addition, it will raise the awareness for those personnel who have been allocated ‘potential’ or specific tasks in an existing security programme yet have had insufficient time to devote to the subject.
- Security supervisors / officers
- Facility supervisors / officers
- HR and administrative supervisors responsible for security
- Health and Safety / Fire personnel
The delegates will be involved in the latest trends in workshop presentations. The classroom presentations are made up of interactive practical exercises, supported by audio visual material and case studies. Delegates will be expected to participate actively in relating the principles of security management to the specific needs for their industry. The final week’s module involves delegates in security case studies and actual issues which exist in their organizations. This practical development of skills will benefit delegates who then can return to work ready for implementation of security measures and plans.
The workshop will identify best practices for security roles including the main responsibilities for the security officer, the challenges faced and methods for successfully addressing these issues. Individuals will learn to identify critical success factors and early warning indicators to effectively combat risks before they impact the organisation.
- Personal Impact – Delegates attending this seminar will gain an improved personal knowledge of threats and risks to their organisation, they will learn skills to combat these threats and put into place standards, plans and strategies which if successfully implemented will increase their professional reputation and improve their ability to deal with serious security issues.
- Organisational Impact – Delegates attending this workshop will gain an understanding of the strong business reasons why organisations should effectively manage and plan to protect their human and physical resources. This will lead to improvements in their organisation’s professional reputation, standard operating procedures and the ability to continue to function effectively and successfully in the face of today’s threats.
- Competencies Emphasised:
- Health and safety awareness
- Specialist security knowledge and awareness
- Preparation, planning and risk assessment
- Log keeping, post incident reporting, problem solving and analytical thinking
- Conflict management and techniques for diffusing aggressive situations
- Effective communication and methods for team cooperation
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.