An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Private: Cathodic Protection
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
This programme provides the participants with fundamental principles, evaluation and applications of Cathodic Protection, helping them recognise and then select Cathodic Protection control methods.
The main topics include, general and specific corrosion principles, types of corrosion, corrosion protection, soil resistivity surveys, potential surveys, line currents, current requirement surveys, rectifier systems for coated lines, ground bed design and installation, galvanic anodes on coated lines, hot spot protection, bond protection, stray current electrolysis, interference, operation and maintenance, and coating inspection and testing.
- Understand the general principles of corrosion and corrosion protection techniques
- Understand the cathodic protection systems; namely sacrificial anode and impressed current
- Appreciate the differences between sacrificial anode systems
- Understand the principals behind impressed current CP
- Know the influence of coating properties and their influence on CP
- Learn how to makimg basic field measurements for CP applications
- Understand and use the governing equations related to CP calculations
- Corrosion test methods and interpretation of results
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Personnel needing a basic understanding of cathodic protection and how to eliminate or protect equipment, pipelines, storage tanks, etc
- It is also suitable for Engineers; Inspectors, Managers; Metallurgists and Technicians
The programme will be presented using highly interactive combination of lectures, videos and simulations. Discussion sessions will be managed to maximize the amount and quality of information and knowledge transfer. Questions, comments and personal experience from every participant will have a chance to be heard and discussed.
Case studies are encouraged to be brought by the participant. These case studies will be discussed thoroughly and will be shared by all participants. Participants will be provided with comprehensive course notes and soft copies of presentation material that will be very valuable for detailed study and future reference.
Corrosion is a common and a very expensive problem in most of the industry. An understanding of corrosion and its control is vital for any company hoping to avoid the high costs that can be directly or indirectly attributed to corrosion.
This programme is intended to provide the participants with principles and application of an important corrosion minimisation technique – Cathodic Protection – which can be divided into Sacrificial Anode or Impressed Voltage.
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.