An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Private: Business Continuity Management and Scenario Planning
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
EuroMaTech is pleased to present their inaugural Business Continuity Management and Scenario Planning programme. This dynamic 5-day intensive event will cover all major aspects of effective Business Continuity Management for corporations and government organisations regardless of size or sector. Importantly the programme will also incorporate the new ISO Business Continuity Standard 22301/2012 which will now replace BS25999-2.
BCM is now regarded as a holistic corporate business activity that the business owns and drives and is applicable to all organisations. BCM can provide the strategic and operational framework to review the way it provides its products and services and increase its resilience to disruption, interruption or loss when an incident or a crisis occurs. The key to a successful recovery is time. The organisation which recovers in the shortest possible time will mitigate its losses to the optimum.
Scenario Planning has recently gained much adherence in industry and military for developing effective Strategic and BCM capabilities. Above all, it is a tool for collective learning, reframing perceptions and managing uncertainty. This programme will ensure your decision makers choose the correct outcomes, not by looking at the multitude of possible scenarios but based on the loss or unavailability of key resources, regardless of the circumstances.
have the tools and knowledge required to conduct a threat and vulnerability assessment and Business Impact Analysis for their organisation
identify and select cost-effective BCM strategies for critical functions, processes and computer systems
utilising Scenario Planning to identify and select cost-effective Continuity strategies for critical business processes and IT systems
guide I.T. and business unit personnel through the development of practical & effective computer recovery and business resumption plans
- have a solid understanding of Continuity “Best Practices”
- implement an effective Crisis Management structure
- to keep their plans current and viable
- have the tools and knowledge required to plan and coordinate effective tests and exercises
- know how to maintain support and commitment for the programme
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This programme is designed for professionals at all levels who are involved in or have been given the responsibility of business continuity planning and disaster recovery functions. It is also highly useful for internal and external auditors, IT and telecommunication managers, administrative and operational heads and others responsible for the effective administration and preparedness of any size of organisation. It is particularly suitable for individuals new to business continuity planning or for business continuity planners who wish to improve their knowledge and skills.
The programme covers all 10 stages of the BCM Life Cycle, and the 8 steps of Scenario Planning using instructor-led discussion, case studies, relevant DVD material, and group exercises. It is a practical, ‘lessons learned’ programme which trains participants in “best practice” as well as “best principles” for Business Continuity Management and Scenario Planning. Participants leave with the knowledge and tools needed to develop an effective business continuity programme for their organisation.
- Learn how to initiate and control your business continuity programme
- Understand the various International Standards and Business Continuity Institute Good Practice Guide
- Learn proven techniques to assess and reduce risk and impact
- Identify the process of Scenario Planning and learn from the outcomes
- Understand why many plans fail, don’t make the same mistakes
- Gain the latest techniques to make business continuity planning easier
- Discover how to survive a crisis
- Identify critical risks and analyse their impact
- Learn how to write effective business continuity and IT disaster recovery plans
- Examine real-life case studies and learn from their lessons
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.