An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Private: Behavioural Based Safety
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
There are good reasons to target the behavioural aspects of health and safety as part of an overall integrated approach to health and safety management. During the past 10 years, large improvements in health and safety performance have been achieved through improved hardware and design and through improved health and safety management systems and procedures. However, the industry’s health and safety performance has levelled out with little significant changes in performance being achieved during the past few years. A new and different approach is required to encourage further improvements in a company’s health and safety performance. This next step involves taking action to ensure that the behaviour of people at all levels within the organization are consistent with an improving human factors of behaviour based safety culture.
It is well known, through research, that over 80% of these accidents and incidents are caused by unsafe behaviour of people in both management and in the workforce. In this programme you will look in-depth at the factors that impact on human errors and related behavioural aspects.
- Understand what behaviour is?
- Know why people are prepared to take unnecessary risk
- Be able to observe and assess behaviour at work
- Understand ‘latent’ and ‘active’ failure
- Know how to change at risk behavior (latent and active)
- Know how to introduce these tools into their organization
- How improve risk perception within the organization
- Know the seven main categories of human failure
- Know what safety culture is and how it is measured
- Know how to conduct a Safety Culture survey
- Know how to develop action plans and continuous improvement
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Professionals from all levels and disciplines in the organisation who have HSE responsibilities within their role
No previous expereince in health and safety or behavioural safety is necessary as adequate guidance is given during this programme through individual and group activities
Participants will learn by active participation during the programme through the use of exercises and group discussion, videos and discussions on “real life” issues in their organisations.
The delegates will understand how human factors impact Health and Safety performance and they will be provided with the tools and skills to introduce into their organisation:
- Behavioural improvement programme
- Safety Culture improvement programme
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.