An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Private: Advanced Contract and Project Management
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
In today’s competitive business environment, Developers and Owners are constantly seeking to reduce risk, and minimize project cost and duration overruns. As a result, Contractors and Suppliers face the challenge of meeting these demands without increasing their own risk. Contracts are the basis by which almost all work on projects gets carried out. They are used to establish the rights and responsibilities of the parties, and to apportion the risks.
This highly intensive programme will look at a number of advanced concepts in Project Management and Contract Management that will better enable the participants to deal with the ever changing business environment that they must deal with. It will include tips, techniques and strategies to assist this process, including the establishment of a risk management strategy and a stakeholder management strategy for a project.
- Improved managerial approaches to both contract and project management
- Ability to identify and mitigate risk factors and associated commercial and programme implications
- Understand important contractual knowledge
- Understand the application of different types of contractual agreements
- Increase commercial awareness needed to enhance smooth running of contracts
- Increase understanding of commercial liabilities resulting from schedule changes and variations
- Ability to apply Advanced Scheduling techniques
- Develop strategies for project execution
- Control project execution effectively and efficiently
- Help participants to begin immediate implementation of the steps needed to maximize value in the projects they deliver for their organization
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Professionals from all industries who have a desire to advance their skills in contracting and project management
- The programme would be particularly suitable for those from project management teams, planning departments, process improvement teams, contracting teams, claims and business audit personnel, risk and/or contract strategists
Recognizing that different people have different learning styles, this programme combines conventional lecture style with a high level of delegate participation; including case studies, group discussions, and exercises. Delegates are also encouraged to contribute their own experiences for discussion and debate.
This hands-on programme offers a stimulating learning experience. It aims to expand participants’ knowledge of relevant processes and issues, develop hands-on skills for every stage of your projects, become aware of typical project and contract risks and learn to mitigate them.
Structured to offer a balance of strategic and operational considerations, Advanced Contract sand Project Management will provide you with the essential knowledge and skills required to effectively and efficiently deliver project and contract outcomes while minimising risk exposure. It will outline the tools, techniques and principles of a systematic approach to the project and contract management processes, facilitating methodical, efficient and consistent achievement of business objectives.
Participants will take away a comprehensive set of notes, including templates, tools and check-lists that they will be able to adapt for their business to assist in better managing projects and contracts.
The programme does not aim to provide a comprehensive coverage of the legal aspects of contracts. It will briefly address the basic concepts from Contract Law that every manager should be aware of and focus on the organisational processes and relationship management issues confronted by project and contract managers.
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.