Compared with other forms of transport, pipelines allow a more continuous, stable, and high-capacity supply of hydrocarbons to reach end-users. Pipeline transportation has the advantages of being well established, efficient, cost-effective, and readily expandable.
The products carried in liquid pipelines include a wide range of materials. Process fluid systems gather production from onshore and offshore fields, while transmission lines transport them to terminals, interconnection points, and refineries.
Materials selection plays an important role in piping systems. It is crucial to select a piping material that can cope with a variety of applications and damage mechanisms including corrosion, high/low temperatures, constant and cyclic loads, etc. Pipe inspection also plays an important role, making sure that optimal materials requirements are adhered to.
This EuroMaTech training course will combine the various disciplines of pipeline engineering, including design, structural integrity, hydraulic considerations, materials types and selection, inspection and maintenance as well as the applications of relevant codes such as ASME B31.3 and API 570.
This seminar will highlight:
- Main aspects of pipeline design and manufacturing considerations
- Knowledge of the governing principles, related to materials testing
- Relevant structural integrity, pipe failure and corrosion principles
- Main Types of pipeline materials and selection
- Relevant pipe inspection and maintenance techniques