This EuroMaTech training course provides practical guidance in the application of the techniques of the economic analysis currently used in the Oil & Gas industry. When executing a petroleum related project, one should be able to choose the best alternative from an economic point of view, as well as to properly evaluate various investment opportunities by determining economic indicators and sensitivity analysis. Techniques for predicting profit, production costs, and cash flow, enable the analyst to evaluate decision alternatives for optimum results. Understanding economic indicators, risk and uncertainty, different economic structures such as tax regimes and production sharing contracts, enhances the quality and the value of economic analysis.
Participants attending this training course will develop the following competencies:
- Familiarization with the application techniques of the economics analysis in the Oil & Gas industry
- Petroleum related project evaluation methods
- Screening of the petroleum projects based on evaluating the investment opportunities
- Identifying the risks and uncertainties of the project
- Application of risk management methods in mitigating the identified risks of the project