An Intensive 5-Day Training Course
Oil & Gas Operational Safety
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: KHDA,
|15 - 19 May 2023||Dubai||US $ 5950||Enroll now|
|23 - 27 Jul 2023||Bahrain||US $ 5950||Enroll now|
|30 Oct - 03 Nov 2023||Dubai||US $ 5950||Enroll now|
Flammable, toxic and explosive are just some of the inherent hazards of oil and gas. Operational Safety is of prime importance which means that there has to be correct procedures in place and personnel that are competent in using these procedures to ensure that no incidents occur. This EuroMaTech training course covers oil & gas operations and is designed to provide underpinning knowledge that enables personnel to manage oil and gas operational risks effectively.
Participants on the Oil & Gas Operational Safety training course will develop the following competencies:
- Familiarity with health and safety management system
- Process Safety
- Hydrocarbon process hazards identification and control
- Fire protection and emergency response
- Transport operational safety
Participants attending the Oil & Gas Operational Safety training course should be able to:
- Categorise the hazards inherent in oil and gas arising from the storage and processing of raw materials and products
- Outline the risk management techniques used in the oil and gas industries
- Explain the purpose and content of an organisation’s documented evidence to provide a convincing and valid argument that a system is adequately safe
- Recognise the purpose of and procedures for investigating incidents and how the lessons learnt can be used to improve health and safety in the oil and gas industries
- Illustrate Process Safety
- Formulate Emergency Plans
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
EuroMaTech’s Oil & Gas Operational Safety training course is suitable for:
- Team Leaders
- Production and Process Engineers
- Maintenance Personnel
- Personnel interested in developing skills in this area
- All personnel involved in planning and implementing the organisation’s HSE management system
Participants on EuroMaTech’s Oil & Gas Operational Safety training course will learn by active participation through the use of exercises, case studies and open discussion forums. Videos shown will encourage further discussions and delegates are encouraged to bring forth experiences and problems from their own organisations.
This Oil & Gas Operational Safety training course covers essential skills in understanding oil and gas operations and equipment. Through process risk management, participant will be able to apply risk assessment techniques for hazards identification and control. This will help organisations to demonstrate that all hydrocarbon risks are understood and are adequately controlled.
Day 1: Health, Safety and Environmental Management
- Process Safety Management (PSM)
- Learning from incidents
- Hazards inherent in oil and gas
- Risk management techniques used in the oil and gas industries
- Work permit systems
- Safety Reports
Day 2: Process Safety
- Mechanics of failure
- Safe containment of hydrocarbons
- Plant operation and maintenance
- Start-up and shut down
- Fire hazards
- Furnaces and boiler operations
Day 3: Risk Assessment Techniques
- Framework for risk assessment
- Hazard and Operability Study ‘HAZOP’
- The Bow-tie model
- Inherent Safer design
- Safety Integrity Level ‘SIL’
- Hazardous Area Classification
Day 4: Fires, Explosions and Emergency Response
- Fire and explosion in the oil and gas industries
- Types of fire
- Types of explosion
- Fire and explosion risk analysis
- Fire and explosion protective systems
- Emergency Plans and response
Day 5: Transport Operations Safety
- Diving activities
- Maritime transport
- Land transport
CALL ME BACK
Thanks for completing the form. Our training solutions specialist shall be in touch with you shortly
You need to accept the terms & conditions in order to proceed ahead.
Invalid email format.
All the fields are required!
An error occurred. Please try again later.
Do you have any questions about this course?ENQUIRE
PRINT THIS PAGE
SEND VIA EMAIL
Do you wish for us to conduct this course at your premises?
Request for In-house
Discover In-House Solutions
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.