An Intensive 5-Day Online Training Course
Promoting Sustainable Waste Management Solutions
Oil & Gas Industry Waste Management
- Format: Live / Online
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: KHDA,
Handling and disposal of wastes generated in oil and gas exploration and production has received significant attention in recent years. This heightened interest has been a result of the public and regulatory agencies focus on environmental protection. Because of this, the oil industry has directed emphasis on waste handling and disposal to ensure that these wastes are properly managed.
From company’s perspective, proper waste management is an important part of doing business. As a company, they must be concerned with compliance with applicable waste regulations, minimizing the impact of wastes on the environment, and the reduction of potential liability associated with improperly disposed waste. This must be accomplished within certain economic bounds. Also eliminating or minimizing the generation of waste is becoming more critical, both environmentally and economically, as a means of reducing waste-related liabilities and costs.
This online training course covers regulations and waste management basics, from generation to disposal. The curriculum is designed to provide the information needed as a waste professional, regardless of skill level.
The Oil & Gas Industry Waste Management online training course is a must attend for all individuals with overall waste compliance responsibilities. This online training course provides the tools needed for the job.
Upon successful completion of this online training course, participants will be able to:
- Be aware of the principal national and international background issues relating to the environment management in the oil and gas industry
- Have formed a considered view on the significance of waste management environmental issues for the industry
- Be aware of the effects of the principal relevant environmental legislation and sustainable development policy affecting the industry and how to interpret changing legislation into practical responses
- Have considered the key means by which the industry can begin to enhance performance through environmental efficiency
- Have considered the competitive advantage that might be brought through giving attention to environmental management
This Oil & Gas Industry Waste Management online training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Newly appointed managers, supervisors and team leaders
- New members of the management team
- Those managers/supervisors who have been in their position for less than a year, or are about to be promoted to their first managerial/supervisory position
- Health and safety or quality managers with a new portfolio of environmental, sustainable development or waste management
- Environmental advisors or scientists who wish to progress to management level
Participants will learn by active participation during the program through the use of exercises, questionnaires, syndicate and group discussion, training videos and discussions on "real life" issues in their organisations. The program is hinged around a real case study from an entirely different industry sector to provide a testing environment that develops real investigative and problem solving skills. This is supported by plenary sessions demonstrating how the issues presented translate into the oil and gas sector.
An e-Certificate of Completion will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course.
Amongst a wide range of valuable topics, the following will be prioritised:
- Benefits of Good Waste and Environmental Management
- Key Elements of an Environmental Management System
- Overview of waste management international law, codes of practice and guidance
- Understanding Environmental Aspects and Impacts
- Types of General and Hazardous Waste Streams
- Carrying out a Pollution Prevention Opportunity Assessment (PPOA)
- Waste Reduction Using ‘Reduce-Reuse-Recycle’ Techniques
- Managing Hazardous and Special Waste
- Integrated Waste and Environmental Management
- Addressing the issues in the Oil + Gas Industry
- Benefits of management systems employed to improve business efficiency,
- Structure and control mechanisms within management systems?
- How are social, environmental and ethical issues communicated to stakeholders?
CALL ME BACK
Thanks for completing the form. Our training solutions specialist shall be in touch with you shortly
You need to accept the terms & conditions in order to proceed ahead.
Invalid email format.
All the fields are required!
An error occurred. Please try again later.
Do you have any questions about this course?ENQUIRE
PRINT THIS PAGE
SEND VIA EMAIL
Do you wish for us to conduct this course at your premises?
Request for In-house
Discover In-House Solutions
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.