An Intensive 10-Day Training Course
NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 10 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: KHDA, NEBOSH Accredited,
The NEW syllabus (published in 2019) of the International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety is described by NEBOSH as “the best just got better”. EuroMaTech is proud to be able to present such a course of such high quality.
Delegates attending this EuroMaTech course will not only learn about standards and policies but also apply this knowledge in practice. The Certificate is an important step in progressing in the subject of Health and Safety. It is relevant to international standards and in order to control common workplace hazards.
This certificate is an internationally recognised qualification and provides an excellent basic grounding in the essentials of health and safety. Over 90,000 people have taken this qualification and it is considered a gold standard in Health and Safety qualification. It is relevant for every workplace and workforce. All the core issues for Health and Safety are covered within this syllabus.
This training course is based on the NEW (published in 2019) Syllabus for the NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety. The National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) is the leading UK examination authority in this field.
Holders of the NEBOSH International General Certificate can apply for the following memberships:
- Associate Membership (AIOSH) of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
- Associate Membership (AIIRSM) of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM)
- The qualification also meets the academic requirements for Technical Membership (Tech IOSH) of IOSH.
The duration of the seminar is 10 days
- Effectively manage health and safety
- Explain human and organisational influences on health and safety
- How to measure if you’ve been successful
- Identify relevant key international standards
- Identify and assess typical hazards in the workplace
- Recommend remedial action to control workplace hazards
- Investigate accidents and recommend preventative measures
- Describe potential ill-health effects arising from work environments
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The International Certificate is aimed at professionals, who have local responsibilities for health and safety and require an internationally recognised measure of competence in this field. It is ideal for:
- Health and Safety Professional
- Team Leaders
- Supervisors, or anybody with health and safety management responsibilities
- Perfect for those embarking on a health and safety career
This EuroMaTech training course is supported with a reference book, hand-outs, lectures supported by Power Point slides, team exercises, questionnaires and videos. Active participation is essential and encouraged during the training with regular feedback and reviews daily.
This NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety training course illustrates common sense approaches to managing the vital functions of Health and Safety within a business. You will find out the legal implications of poor control of Health and Safety, how to deal with machinery safety, hazardous chemicals, noise, electricity, fire and emergencies, radiation and put effective Safety Management at your fingertips.
With this new syllabus there are now only 11 Elements. Elements 1 to 4 are assessed by an Open Book Examination. Elements 5 to 11 are assessed through the practical application of knowledge gained with a Risk Assessment project.
Unit IG1: Management of Health and Safety
Element 1: Why we should Manage Workplace Health and Safety
- Welcome Introduction
- Introduction to H&S / Key Terms
- The moral, financial and legal reasons for managing health and safety in the workplace
- Explain how health and safety is regulated and the consequences of non-compliance
- Summarise the main health and safety duties of different groups of people at work
- Explain how contractors should be selected, monitored and managed
Element 2: How Health and Safety Management Systems Work and What They Look Like
- Safety Management Systems; What they are and the benefits they bring
- What a good health and safety management systems looks like
- Plan – Do – Check – Act
- Practical arrangements
Element 3: Managing Risk – Understanding People and Processes
- Health and safety culture
- Improving health and safety culture
- How human factors influence behaviour positively or negatively
- Assessing risk
- Management of change
- Safe systems of work for general work activities
- Permit-to-work systems
- Emergency procedures
Element 4: Health and Safety Monitoring and Measuring
- Active and reactive monitoring
- Investigating incidents
- Health and safety auditing
- Review of health and safety performance
Unit IG2: Risk Assessment (Practical Assessment)
Element 5: Physical and Psychological Health
- Mental ill-health
- Violence at work
- Substance abuse at work
Element 6: Musculoskeletal Health
- Work-related upper limb disorders
- Manual handling
- Load-handling equipment
Element 7: Chemical and Biological Agents
- Hazardous substances
- Assessment of health risks
- Occupational exposure limits
- Control measures
- Specific agents
Element 8: General Workplace Issues
- Health, welfare and work environment
- Working at height
- Safe working in confined spaces
- Lone working
- Slips and trips
- Safe movement of people and vehicles in the workplace
- Work-related driving
Element 9: Work Equipment
- General requirements
- Hand-held tools
- Machinery hazards
- Control measures for machinery
Element 10: Fire
- Fire principles
- Preventing fire and fire spread
- Fire alarms and fire-fighting
- Fire evacuation
Element 11: Electricity
- Hazards and risks
- Control measures
There are two parts to the International General Certificate.
- Unit IG1 Management of International Health is assessed by an open book exam which can be taken on line at home or at another safe and suitable location. The exam consists of a work scenario with questions based on the presented scenario. Candidates will have 24 hours to answers the questions and send the answers to NEBOSH.
- Unit IG2 “Risk Assessment” this requires candidates to complete a risk assessment of their workplace in order to practically apply the knowledge and understanding gained from the course. The Risk Assessment is marked by NEBOSH.
CALL ME BACK
Thanks for completing the form. Our training solutions specialist shall be in touch with you shortly
You need to accept the terms & conditions in order to proceed ahead.
Invalid email format.
All the fields are required!
An error occurred. Please try again later.
Do you have any questions about this course?ENQUIRE
PRINT THIS PAGE
SEND VIA EMAIL
Do you wish for us to conduct this course at your premises?
Request for In-house
Discover In-House Solutions
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.
EuroMaTech is an Approved Centre with the National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH). The NEBOSH Approved Centre status enables EuroMaTech to offer globally recognised International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety qualification.
For more information on NEBOSH – please visit – www.nebosh.org.uk .